Both outboards no spark

Jeremiah200

Cadet
Omc 1989 225 outboards no spark on both don't no much about the boat 2800 wellcraft unplugged both main plug and all kill black with yellow strip still nothing here's my thing don't want to just start changing part's its going to get expensive

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Sounds odd.----------First thing to do is test with good , fully charged batterues.

Jeremiah200

Cadet
Did just that with charge on so good there so new batteries just don't understand why both outboards would have lost spark I'm use to outboards but just can't get over both motors having same problem

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Disconnect the black/yellow wires where they come right out of the power packs and see what happens.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Were the motors starting and running OK before this?

Fed

Commander
I wonder if there has been any alterations to the wiring to allow one man overboard safety switch to cut both motors out?
How many MOB safety switches do you have, one or two?
Maybe you should physically trace each black/yellow from its powerpack to the big plug.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
agree with Fed. Think something might be going on with the man overboard switch(es).

Jeremiah200

Cadet
Just reread the post on mob not sure if it has one been looking but didn't see one at all just neutral safety switch

Fed

Commander
Don't know what a man plug is. Disconnecting both right at the power packs and still no spark is pretty convincing it's not a black yellow problem. How are you testing for spark?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
And for Ga boater don't know but it thout it was going to be easy fix power pack but no luck

So you haven't had them running. Can you get a photo of the helm and controls? Include the neutral safety switch cuz they are inside the control and can't be seen.

Jeremiah200

Cadet
By main plug what I'm talking about is the main harness plug from outboard to the boat and im jumping it over at solenoid

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Neutral safety switch wouldn't let you crank the engine (defeats starter circuit) -- man overboard would typically be a clip and lanyard at the control box/ignition switches. Man overboard switch shorts ignition (no spark), but would allow cranking. Pic of helm and control box would be helpful, as suggested (or description).