78 Starcraft, V5-22, What do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 78 Starcraft, V5-22, What do I have?

Seat and engine cover.
Engine cover.jpg

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Heres the rear top transome
Center top transome.jpg

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Side view of transom
Transome.jpg

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

One of the 4 engine mounts.
engine mount.jpg

5 speed

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

So now what do you all think? I didn't figure out the photo-bucket yet but I will. Also I had to take pics with my phone because my wife had the memory card from the camera:mad:

5 speed

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

First off them pics are too dang small for my eyes, and Please don't use photo-Bucket. Use Picasa it doesn't have adds and is mucho faster. :D

evildocrsx

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's nice and I'm hating right now. :p

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't hate...:( I will do center console Starcrafts proud!

5 speed

Rickairmedic

Commander

5 speed I have bigocals so I can see the pictures :D . That center console looks alot like the starboard side console from an SS so I am betting the PO converted it to a CC from an SS. The easy way to deal with Photo bucket is once your pictures are loaded onto photo bucket if you scroll your pointer over the picture a dropdown menu will appear below the picture . You need to copy the last option in the dropdown menu . Left click to highlight it then rightclick and hit copy . Then you can rightclick and paste here in your post . You need to have photo bucket open at the same time you are posting here makes it easier to go back and forth and copy and paste.

Rick

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Rick, I will try and do that in the next couple of days. I just wanted to get you all a little something to look at while I learn the system. I can see that this site is going to be very helpfull in my efforts to make my boat something to be proud of and share the efforts from people like yourself for making that happen...

5 speed

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

PHOTO_BUCKET SUXXXXXXXXXXXXX:eek:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Jim, it has ads on it. Ads you wouldn't even see if you used Firefox with AdBlock. Otherwise, it works great for what it is.

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

LOL I use Firefox and add block I still see the adds...... Picasa is free and add free.:p

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Jim if picassa is so wonderful.....then how come you don't have any pics in your thread? Huh Huh??? !!!! BURN!!! :)

Just messin' with ya Jim

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guys, well I tracked down the previous owner of the boat! He gave me the low down... good and bad on the boat. He also told me what it USED TO BE! Drum roll.............
It's an Islander! He wanted to make a gulf fishing boat out of it and he did. He never made it to the gulf though! Fresh water all it's life! He said he removed all the windshield and other stuff and lightened it about 800 pounds! He told me it's a screamer and the engine winds up to 5500 and it will do 60+ with no problem! One good thing is that he was the previous owner of Grove Marine so thats why it's not a hack job! Now the bad news... he stoped fooling with the boat when he left it at the lake overnight and it took on 50 gallons of water. He was getting out of the business so he sold the stringer outdrive and propeller to recoup some money. Then he sold the business and thats when I bought the boat in the condition it is in now. I'm excited as all get out just to know the history of the boat and that the engine is in great shape! The water leak doesn't excite me much though but better at the begining of the restoration than at the end!!

5 speed

Rickairmedic

Commander

5 Speed I actually know a guy here local to me that has your outdrive and a spare engine :D. He is on iboats I will find his screen name for you . I know it would be a long haul to come out here to get your parts but it is an option if you need it .

Rick

5speedhemi

Petty Officer 1st Class

I appreciate that alot!

5 speed

North Beach

Commander

So now we have to start calling it a 78 Starcraft Custom CC:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.