'61 Crestliner Arabian Deluxe resto

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: '61 Crestliner Arabian Deluxe resto

Nice work!

Thanks for the compliment over @ the Duracraft. Beautiful, well, let's hope so :)

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class

The other light came today. I cleaned up the lenses and the base part that I was missing, and put them together. Just got a picture snapped before the sunset. Everything went together well, there is only one small chip on the red lens. I'll snap a couple of more pictures tonight.
bow light 3.jpg

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member

The other light came today. I cleaned up the lenses and the base part that I was missing, and put them together. Just got a picture snapped before the sunset. Everything went together well, there is only one small chip on the red lens. I'll snap a couple of more pictures tonight.

Looks great!

That's the same flag pole my Duracraft had originally. The replacement came today, and although the light & flag pole are in significantly better shape then the original, I still prefer the flag pole it had & that matches yours.

jbcurt00

Staff member

It's back:
$%28KGrHqJ,%21lwFJYom3v6iBSb+QsUJe%21%7E%7E60_57.JPG

@evil-bay again, but back to $299....

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class

OOOooo, nice, thanks for the heads up! But I saw your light, you gotta be happy with that. It looks awesome.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yeah, if it was close enough, I'd be tempted to try & see it up close & personal, and if at all interested make him an offer. It was last listed at $249, and still no bids. Still not convinced that it's a red spray job, but seeing it up close would help w/ that.

Thanks, happy w/ both the bow & stern light. As I mentioned, I do prefer your flag pole though.

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey I know that they painted engines that red color in the factory. The heads on my engine are that color. I just noticed that, I can't believe that didn't hit me before now.

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class

20131118_152054.jpg20131118_152112.jpg20131118_152336.jpg

some pix of the new light. and the piece I was missing, THANK YOU JB!!!

20131118_152351.jpg20131118_155447.jpg

ALL CLEANED UP AND POLISHED. GOTTA PAINT THE BASE PIECE IN FRONT NOW....ooops caps lock was on

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hey I know that they painted engines that red color in the factory. The heads on my engine are that color. I just noticed that, I can't believe that didn't hit me before now.

Yeah, that's the factory Holiday Bronze color, but I've never seen or heard of a motor like mine: gold & white w/ chrome 1958 Fat50 (V4S-10), that was a factory Bronze & white. In the limited pix, it is tough to judge, but it certainly doesn't show anything that would indicate a re-spray to me. Particularly where the chrome would have been painted.........

some pix of the new light. and the piece I was missing, THANK YOU JB!!!
View attachment 217742
ALL CLEANED UP AND POLISHED. GOTTA PAINT THE BASE PIECE IN FRONT NOW....ooops caps lock was on

You are welcome. I've been scanning ebay for almost 2yrs, sometimes picking up an interesting light or 2, for 'just' in case moments.

Be sure to use an amber bulb in you bow light: Yellow light + blue lense = Green starboard light :)

Since you're paint it, you could skim it w/ filler & sand it smooth before using a build/etching primer. May hid most or all of the pitting.

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class

Built the engine stand and removed the fatty. That thing is pretty heavy for a 50 HP! The chain fall worked great, and there were no unforeseen issues or mishaps, thank goodness.
20131124_180312.jpg20131124_180349.jpg20131124_180401.jpg20131124_180446.jpg20131124_180459.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

Looking good on the stand..... yep, gut buster heavy

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class

Removed all the bling off of the engine cover. There are a lot of parts! Got the aluminum base ring and the fiberglass upper shell stripped, filled, glassed, patched and primered. Ready for paint. The other parts will take a bit longer to do. I didn't think this would take so much time and effort. But I say that about everything.
12-1-13 011.jpg12-1-13 012.jpg12-1-13 017.jpg20131127_162501.jpg

Erik.C.

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looking really good. And it looks like all of your emblems are in great shape. Can't wait to see it painted and back together. Maybe it'll motivate me to keep working on mine. :)

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Nice rebuild on the boxes, I will be doing two of them for my Johnson 35's hanging off the Lone Star. Was searching for other examples of how to get new components into mine. Did you have to add the other box to accommodate the elect. component? I was really hoping I could get everything back into the "Johnson" boxes they came with. Now that I'm looking closer, it looks like the second box is just the cover for the original?? Real nice detailed work you are doing.

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looking really good. And it looks like all of your emblems are in great shape. Can't wait to see it painted and back together. Maybe it'll motivate me to keep working on mine. :)

Thanks Erik,
My motto is; one day at a time, something every week. Hard to do, but nothing ever worth while is easy. I am on a shoestring budget, but I can't stop.

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice rebuild on the boxes, I will be doing two of them for my Johnson 35's hanging off the Lone Star. Was searching for other examples of how to get new components into mine. Did you have to add the other box to accommodate the elect. component? I was really hoping I could get everything back into the "Johnson" boxes they came with. Now that I'm looking closer, it looks like the second box is just the cover for the original?? Real nice detailed work you are doing.

They fit togeter as one unit. The original Johnson box was for engines without a generator, and mine does. So the bigger box cover came with the upgrade to accomodate the voltage regulator. And thanks for the compliments! :)

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class

plug cover painted inside.jpgplug cover painted outside.jpg
Finished the spark plug covers. I am having a place make new stickers, not sure how I'm gonna do the embossed aluminum little plaque that goes on the carb cover though.

59 Fatty

Petty Officer 1st Class

I found the front emblem on another website for too much, but I couldn't resist. I will post that when it comes. Also, the other "stars" and 50HP decals are being fabricated and will be for sale on their website after we finish making mine. They did not have this particular model, and they had almost everything else! Anyway, I'll post how that goes too. My second coat of paint crackled up, looks like I'm gonna be a stripper again.