5th Wheel Owners..Help..

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Could have been parked under trees and was dripped on long after the rain. May not have had good sunlight to dry properly, who knows.

When I took these pics, the owner of the house where the trailer is parked was there. I know him fairly well. Since he found out I was interested, he called the owner since they're friends too, and left messages with my offer...... I figured it wouldn't hurt that his buddy called him. Still waiting for a phone call for a yay or nay.....

If we do get it, I'm going to have the roof professionally cleaned and sealed....

Thanks for all the help MT! We'll probably be talking more if it ends up in my yard.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Guy called back. My offer was $2k less than asking. He asked how I came up with that #. I told him I saw another one the same year with the same options except it was 29' longer for the same price he's asking for the 27'. "SO you think the extra 2' is worth $2k? Ahhh, ya...... He's calling the guy with the 29'.... Looks like this is going to be a little bit of a hassle. I'm not going to mess arund too much. Heck, 2' makes a big difference in boats when comparing apples to apples....

Ps. He said it wasn't really mildew. It's parked under a tree and you need to scrub, scrub, scrub and it will come off. It's MILDEW! I know it when I see it...Lol

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You should be dickering with the wife - She wants it gone. LOL

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Exactly! I told him that the 29' had 1.5 bath. He said there was never .5 bath. I'm looking at the brochure that MT provided and I'm looking at the .5 bath. Sleeps 9 compared to 6, has an extra .5 bath and yes 2' does make a big difference. I shouldn't be out of line at all. He must still be doing a bunch of researching, haven't heard back yet.....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well I hope he does some real research, I know of 45 foot trailers that have 2 full baths in them, with a washer and dryer as well as a small one person hot tub set up. Give him a little time, either he wants to sell it or he don't, that is between him and his wife, sounds like there may be a small disagreement going on in their house hold right now.

After looking at the brochure again, for the price, I would go with the 292 model, much nice layout and from a towing perspective, much better balanced in weight distribution, heck, I could live very comfortably in that 29, that 29 has a super slide in it and the 27 has 2 single slides, that is a lot of difference in the amount of actual living space you have, and if you spend anytime at all in it, 2 feet and a super slide makes a big difference in how comfortable it is.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
But try and tell the owner how much 2 feet means....Lol We agree, the husband and wife are probably duking it out about now. I don't think they are on the same page. Another reason I want to stick to my guns for the most part. We'll wiggle "a little". Maybe the hubby didn't think he'd find anyone interest in this little bush of a town.....

At the moment, I have no way to get the 29' home. I believe we're talking hours of travel one way....

Looks like we'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear from them. Hopefully they call one way or another just out of courtesy.....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Boy that 29 is a nice trailer and is a real good buy for what it is, I don't quite know what he is talking about with the "Extreme Thermal Package", perhaps just a guy trying to sell his trailer, to bad we are not closer together, I would give ya a hand getting it home and help you put the hitch in your truck, but again and it is just my opinion, for the money, that 29 would be sitting in my driveway. Darn you, my wife has been looking over my shoulder and wants to go looking at new trailers this weekend instead of going camping/fishing!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
That extreme thermal package is what it sez on the 27'. Larger heater, belly pan and the flexpex plumbing. Like you said before, it must be a northern thing. Thanks for the offer. I wish you were closer too. I would tell this guy, "Deal or no Deal". "Because I'm heading to get the 29' if no deal...". I do have a friend that has a 5th wheel. He's not a youngin' and I'm not sure he'd be up for the trip. They do travel the SE during the spring thaw each year........

Now my wife is starting to get a little anxious about this trailer...... She wants it.

Fishing or spending some money this weekend.... Hmmmmmm.... Glad I could help! What do you have?

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have a 28 foot older Road Ranger, that I have done extensive customizing on so that we have just about the way we want it, so now that I am just about done, she decides she wants to look again, but she has also been making noises about maybe spending a few months a year, during the winter down south somewhere, I think the cold winters here is MT is starting to get to her! So I have a feeling the next few months is going to be some interesting conversations here at home!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Pix? I'm with her on winters too. We've been discussing ourselves.... My wife telecommutes so she can work anywhere in the country and not miss a beat, I'll make supper......:D

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Just finally heard from the guy. I was starting to have my doubts. He did find the brochure like you did, MT. Gee another bathroom on the 29'. I see that one isn't listed anymore..... I guess there is 22 months left on the warranty....... We just bought it.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
No Title

Pix of my trailer? Heck we just got an older trailer, anything new would get beat to crap around here where I go camping, it is a nice comfortable trailer but if we decide to go south during the winter, we will get a newer larger one to call home, but for fishing and hunting I don't have to worry about it getting beat up, which around here they do. ost of the reason I keep older cars and other stuff is because everything gets trashed just driving back and forth to town!

Attachments

• photo225528.jpg
    photo225528.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo225529.jpg
    photo225529.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo225530.jpg
    photo225530.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo225531.jpg
    photo225531.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Looks like a good trailer to me........ Are my eyes playing tricks, or, it looks like they had a longer overhang up front...... What length is it? I see we were typing at the same time. You may not have noticed I posted above your pix. We bought that trailer....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Ours is a 28 footer and yes, they had a longer overhang back then because the bedroom was a North, South configuration, now a days they have the slide and most of the time you have an East, West orientation. In those that don't have the bedroom slide, you have easier access to the bedroom area, I have to basically crawl up a ladder, you have a bubble roof set up, I have a shorter roof, I can't stand up in the bedroom in mine, just little differences, but it makes a big difference in comfort.

Glad you got it and he finally seen the light, I look forward to your first trip report, after camping in the tent you will fill like you are staying at the Ritz, let me know if you have any questions.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I think the over-all length is 31'. I see the LP tanks are 30gal. Yeah, it should be interesting. I'll probably drive around our 2 lane roads and thru some small towns just to get a feel for it. There is a new small campground close by that's always about empty. Probably stay there too for a couple of nites just to get a feel on setup and figure out what we need. The camp host can give me a hand and show me the ropes since they're probably bored.... Don't want to go cross country down to the Gulf on our first trip......Lol

Yeah, I'll have mor ?s. Thanks MT!

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
30 Gallon tanks, that is really an odd size, we used to rate all the tanks by pounds, the shorties like used on a BBQ are 5 gallon or 20 pound tank and the next size was a 10 gallon or 40 pounds, I am not familiar with a 30 gallon tank. Propane weighs 4.2 pounds per gallon, so a 30 gallon tank filled would have 126 pounds of LPG, plus the weight of the tank, X 2, that is pretty heavy. Are you sure they aren't 30 pound tanks?

In looking at the brochure again, the on board storage capacity of the LPG on the 27 is stated as 60, what that means is 60 pounds of propane which is about 15 gallons of propane. Believe me, that will last for a good amount of time.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Years ago(many years when there was still full service gas) I used to fill tanks up to 100#s and RV tanks. Those were easy. Open the vent and when it started dripping liquid it was full.