1981 Bellboy Bandit Saga

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The transom repairs, and decided to gelcoat the whole transom from the two-tone to solid white.

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Interior shots, nearly done. More recent photos, Marine mat ruler and combing bolsters.

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Prepped the hood to be sent off for paint, if anyone needs a good solvent for removing old sticker adhesive, nothing beats 3M adhesive remover.I tried every trick, wasted my time. Found the 3M on amazon, it made the job take only 5 minutes to remove all the stickers adhesive residue. The finished products as well : )

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Engine mounted, pin-striping.

XIYH0873.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

IMG_5193.jpg

VMVW2842.jpg

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
More interior, finished product. Before and after shots. Lost but not least, Finally an action shot!

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Still waiting on the Wise back to back seat to arrive, work out a few kinks. Still need to finish my carpet template and re-stripe the White on the boat. Trailer needs to for in for paint and install the new fenders. I have also been on the fence about converting or buying a Bunk style trailer., opinions, thoughts?

IMG_4849.jpg

Tnstratofam

Commander
Really nice work, and congratulations on the splash.:encouragement:

I'm a fan of bunk trailers, but also appreciate the ease of loading with a roller trailer. I think most of the time it boils down to personal preference.

Last edited:

Redrig

Master Chief Petty Officer
Very Nice work ! that looks great . Way further along than my bellboy resto...

Where did you get those combing bolsters ? Thats one area that I am stuck on mine

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks guys! Amazon-Marine mat. come in 2 lengths. I purchased the 37", I like them a lot! Much nicer IMO than vinyl and they're soft. I would recommend ordering 2 sets, I wish I would have. The prep is fairly easy, scuff with a scotch brite pad, wipe clean with denatured alcohol and peel & stick. I'll take a better picture of their placement too. Here is one for reference--

The whole bunks vs rollers debate has tired me out. For now I will stick with rollers, as soon as they start to fail. I will sell it and buy a bunk style with the money. I don't like the idea of paying for all those rollers to be replaced, rather 2 pieces of wood.

IMG_5061.jpg

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anyone have a tip on how to keep your red auxiliary tanks from sliding around, without drilling into the floor?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
use mouse pads thick neoprene glue to bottom of tanks cut pieces and make 4 feet for tanks that will keep them from sliding

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Problem with the mouse pads is...Those baby's REALLY stick and...I'm afraid when you go to remove them you'll peal the paint.!!!:eek:
What about a Cargo Bar across the sides of the Hull??? $15.00 bucks.

cargo_bar_load_lock_43_75_LRG.jpg

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks guys! Luckily Being a truck driver, I already have a few of those cargo bars. :)

Like both ideas, but I'll try the carpet bar trick first.

NAT1VE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
One more question, my aluminum bow tank has a few holes in it from corrosion. The cost to fix is more than a new tank, ive been looking at plastic tanks.

Question: Can this be used above deck, where my old aluminum was under the bow?

2Q==

Pusher

Lieutenant
I have a 20 gallon tank mounted under my '71's bow now. I haven't used it yet but it looks fine. I got it off of craigslist for $50 if I remember right.

I think MickyRyan was suggesting you glue the mouse pads to the tanks themselves... maybe? The bar is a good idea though. Just don't rachet it too tight ;-)

Pusher

Lieutenant
I don't know much about it but they make fuel tank glue that's crazy thick and smells like eggs going bad. I used it once and it seemed legit. Could you glue a sheet of aluminum over the corrosion and call it a day.

The glue may cost more than it's worth.