1977 StarCraft 18' SS restore

Decker83

Commander
Did some more work on the trailer.. Sanded and wire brushed it all down and shot some rusty metal primer on..
Still need to do the fenders and wheels.. If weather holds I'll try and do them tomorrow..
Here's a pic..

100_3528 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
Nice progress.

Would love to have some tepid weather to do a few outdoor projects, right now it is 10f, went up from 7f during the day.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh yeah trailer work, right in line behind paint stripping on the fun meter. :lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Braggert ^^^ :(

Course I didnt have to dodge any tornados this week.

Decker83

Commander
Nice progress.

Would love to have some tepid weather to do a few outdoor projects, right now it is 10f, went up from 7f during the day.
Saturday morning was 30f and warmed up to 43f but the wind was high and made it hard to stay outside..
Sunday was a nice 53f and today was about 45f but no wind..

Oh yeah trailer work, right in line behind paint stripping on the fun meter. :lol:
I know it's not real boat work but it sure makes the trailer look better..:D

Yeah, those tornadoes were a bit of a surprise. Glad they were 150 miles away from my place! :eek:

Decker - as always, good work!
We had our 12 tornadoes a couple of weeks ago.. They hit all around me.. Garland TX had a f4 tornado and damaged over 800 homes..
That was 35 miles from me..:eek:

Decker83

Commander
Took advantage of the MLK holiday and stayed home.. Shot some primer on the fenders and other small parts of the trailer..
Shot the first coat of white on the trailer.. Here is a pic..

100_3529.jpg

Have a great rest of the week..:happy:

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Trailer work is a necessary evil. You don't want to be the guy pulling up to the ramp and everybody is saying look at that boat, boy is she sharp. And someone in the back says but get a load of that piece of scrap, rusty trailer. LOL

Yeah, this has been a winter of strange weather with the tornadoes in December and January. And it sounds like record setting cold up North. Yuck!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah that's right GA, I've had some good comments at the ramp on my trailer too after putting the alloy wheels, spare tire holder with cover and SC decals on it.

Decker83

Commander
I have a few questions for you gentlemen that or in the know..
1. What is your favorite wheel bearing grease?
2. Would you use the LED trailer lights or the standard blub type?
Thanks for your input..

GA_Boater

If I was starting over with lights - LED all the way. Between the cheaper lights and the number of bulbs I've replaced, the LEDs would have paid for themselves. Penny wise, pound foolish!

High temp blue marine grease, what ever is on the shelf. I do use the tubes for grease guns, even for wheel bearings because the same stuff goes into the zerk fittings on my motor. No complaints.

Does the coupler mount on the tongue OK?

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
+1 on what Watermann said. I also recommend the LED lights.

And I too use the very same grease for wheel bearings. :thumb:

dozerII

Admiral
As said above, LED all the way, last longer, way way brighter. And any good EP grease will work fine I buy the Red Max and use it for everything. Paint looks real good.

Decker83

Commander
If I was starting over with lights - LED all the way. Between the cheaper lights and the number of bulbs I've replaced, the LEDs would have paid for themselves. Penny wise, pound foolish!

High temp blue marine grease, what ever is on the shelf. I do use the tubes for grease guns, even for wheel bearings because the same stuff goes into the zerk fittings on my motor. No complaints.

Does the coupler mount on the tongue OK?

The coupler fit like it should.. I have towed the trailer and didn't have any problems..

Thanks for all the responses guys.. I will use the LED lights..

GA_Boater

That's good, Decker. The end of my tongue under the coupler is mutilated too, but not quite like yours. As long as it fits! :smile: