1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

jbcurt00

Staff member
........... as I get straightened out.
Could ya give the fella's working on the forum some pointers for straightening out the mess they made of the forum whilst you were away :rolleyes:

Welcome back....... I have to ask: Did the Holiday see any fishing action while it was enjoying the holiday?

dozerII

Admiral
Thanks Water and jb, pics are to follow, the forum is a mess, real non user friendly. IN THE RED got lots of worm poop, fish blood and dirt in her over the two weeks at the lake, despite the crazy weather. From -3c to + 25, from o wind to 80k and lots of rain.

Ready to go out the first time.

In the water. The Admiral is pretty happy!!!

Some of the catch. The one in the shovel is the biggest Walleye I ever caught, 24.5"and 5.7 lbs.

dozerII

Admiral
Here's a few more.
2nd biggest Eye I ever caught

The little lake we are on had over 4'of ice this winter and it was suspected that the Perch may have got caught in the shallows and winter killed, but with everything spring wise being late, they were slow to come out from spawn.

While I was in the city a while back I picked up a surplus restaurant Stainless Steel prep table with sink for $30 rigged it up for a fish cleaning station at camp mounted to the side of out garden shed.

64osby

Admiral
DII - In The Red looks awesome. Nice job reeling in the Eyes and perch, Tasty.

Sounds like Murphy was working and not on vacation with you.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Congrats on the PB Glen!!! The cleaning station is sahweeet!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That's what it's all about, fun on the water in a boat you can be super proud of. :thumb:

I need to get out and find some eyes on the river here, those are some fine eating fish and a nice mess of them like you got would be awesome.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
We'll that certainly looks like a most successful trip with the new rig. We'll do my man. Nice mess of gators and those perch look of good size. Some mighty fine eating there. We'll done.

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Very nice Glen boat looks great, nice walleye, really good idea for the fish filleting station.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Fresh fish, sweet boat, nice vacation, fantastic!:joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous::thumb:

dozerII

Admiral
Can't figure out how to do multiple quotes on the new program, but thanks everyone. She turned out real good, and is real comfortable for fishing.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Multi quotes aren't working right now, Glen. I build my own, but it's a PITA. Dang, In The Red looks good on the water.

I thought you were a fishing vacation? First time I've seen shoveling for fish. Sounds like a game show. LOL And you shoveled some nice ones to fillet on the new cleaning station. :thumb:

dozerII

Admiral
Multi quotes aren't working right now, Glen. I build my own, but it's a PITA. Dang, In The Red looks good on the water.

I thought you were a fishing vacation? First time I've seen shoveling for fish. Sounds like a game show. LOL And you shoveled some nice ones to fillet on the new cleaning station. :thumb:

Thanks GA, had a great time and am super happy with the Holiday.

InMotion

Commander
Looks awesome out there on the water man!!! Nice catch.... glad to see there was a "no fear" approach to getting some guts in the new boat!! :)

Nice work man!

J.

dozerII

Admiral
Looks awesome out there on the water man!!! Nice catch.... glad to see there was a "no fear" approach to getting some guts in the new boat!! :)

Nice work man!

J.

Thanks Jim, I had to keep getting reminded by the Admiral that we built to fish inLOL

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey Dozer - Now that you spent some extended time in her, is the NFB steering feeling better? I remember you weren't impressed during the splash.

dozerII

Admiral
Hey Dozer - Now that you spent some extended time in her, is the NFB steering feeling better? I remember you weren't impressed during the splash.

GA, no it's still a POS it has tight spots as you turn the wheel that are real annoying. I guess I should have bought a better brand.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Start saving some coin and go for the hydraulic steering. It is nice and smooth and we'll worth the investment.