1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

SigSaurP229

Commander
Re: 1976 Holiday 18 Mercruiser 120

Yeah Sorry Glenn That is way to cold for a Southerner like me. Maybe if I get an $8500 offer somewhere up in Sask then I will tow her up there and we will get a quick launch in and run up and down the lake once.

Soooo...

Now that the Holiday is complete what else have you got hiding in the hangar.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

I know who's ring we'll be kissing next year at the SOTY awards. :heh: I have a feeling that plaque is going north once again!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yep, Dozer's set a mighty stinking high bar. But there's still plenty of time. You guys have 6 & 1/2 months to splash a contender :cool:

I'll splash a boat this summer, but it won't be an SC. :blue:

Looks great Glen, runs out nice too. How'd moving the tank to the port stern change it's performance? Been a bit, where was the fuel before?

Off set you at the helm?

Or w/ a lighter weight 4cyl, having the fuel back at the motor, it's weight forward didn't have to be overcome to get on plane?

64osby

Admiral

A very sharp looking ride.

Glad to see murph stayed away from the splash

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

STARCRAFT ON THE WATER!!!!

WOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!

Well done buddy, I'm sure you are pumped to see all your hard work come together for that first float, fantastic!
:joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous:

dozerII

Admiral

Yeah Sorry Glenn That is way to cold for a Southerner like me. Maybe if I get an $8500 offer somewhere up in Sask then I will tow her up there and we will get a quick launch in and run up and down the lake once.

Soooo...

Now that the Holiday is complete what else have you got hiding in the hangar.

Hey Sig I have the 18 V5 open bow with the 140 TOP left to do, and then there is always that just right Islander project I'm looking for.

I know who's ring we'll be kissing next year at the SOTY awards. :heh: I have a feeling that plaque is going north once again!

Thanks Water, there's a lot of time till SOTY time and a lot of great boats being built.

Yep, Dozer's set a mighty stinking high bar. But there's still plenty of time. You guys have 6 & 1/2 months to splash a contender :cool:

I'll splash a boat this summer, but it won't be an SC. :blue:

Looks great Glen, runs out nice too. How'd moving the tank to the port stern change it's performance? Been a bit, where was the fuel before?

Off set you at the helm?

Or w/ a lighter weight 4cyl, having the fuel back at the motor, it's weight forward didn't have to be overcome to get on plane?

Thanks jb, It used to have the 18 gallon poly tank up in the bow, and it tended to wallow around nose down at slow speeds and plow a bit in high speed turns. Now with the tank at the back and the trolling motor and battery at the front the weight and balance is perfect.

A very sharp looking ride.

Glad to see murph stayed away from the splash

Thanks 64, YUP no Murphy yesterday!!!

STARCRAFT ON THE WATER!!!!

WOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!

Well done buddy, I'm sure you are pumped to see all your hard work come together for that first float, fantastic!
:joyous::joyous:QUOTE]

Thanks Jason, got the 5th wheel out to the lot Saturday so we are ready for May long weekend next weekend, then two weeks out there starting the 26th. WooHooo

dozerII

Admiral

So after only a few minutes of use the new NFB steering system, the Jury has come to a decision, TWO THUMBS DOWN :confused: I though I would give it a try over rack and pinion and really wish I hadn't, it is not smooth at all and you can almost feel the gear intersection with each wind of the spring on the cable.

I think I'm going to have to save for a power steering upgrade over the winter.

Last edited:

InMotion

Commander

Awesome Glen!!! Looks fantastic!!! Looks you had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

SigSaurP229

Commander

To bad its not a 20ss v5 or i might quit my job move to Saskatchewan and beg to apprentice for a few months

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

Congratulations Glen. She's a very pretty ride and looks real dependable. Too nice to fish from, me thinks. But then, I'm not a fisherman. - Grandad

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

So after only a few minutes of use the new NFB steering system, the Jury has come to a decision, TWO THUMBS DOWN :confused: I though I would give it a try over rack and pinion and really wish I hadn't, it is not smooth at all and you can almost feel the gear intersection with each wind of the spring on the cable.

I think I'm going to have to save for a power steering upgrade over the winter.

Sorry to hear the steering system didn't make the grade on the water. I remember you didn't like it when it was on land. I am still looking forward to trying out the hydro steering I installed but will be a bit yet before that happens. So while you are saving up hopefully I can get you the sea trial on it so you have another option.

64osby

Admiral

^^^ Just adding that maybe it's the brand that has the issue.

I was one of the Teleflex Xtreme giveaway winners and don't ever feel a hitch with that NFB system.

Come on down and I'll let you take a few laps on the local test pond

dozerII

Admiral

Awesome Glen!!! Looks fantastic!!! Looks you had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Thanks Jim

To bad its not a 20ss v5 or i might quit my job move to Saskatchewan and beg to apprentice for a few months

No 20 SS here next big one will be a cabin boat.

Congratulations Glen. She's a very pretty ride and looks real dependable. Too nice to fish from, me thinks. But then, I'm not a fisherman. - Grandad

Thanks Grandad, she will get fished in!!

Sorry to hear the steering system didn't make the grade on the water. I remember you didn't like it when it was on land. I am still looking forward to trying out the hydro steering I installed but will be a bit yet before that happens. So while you are saving up hopefully I can get you the sea trial on it so you have another option.

That would be great.

^^^ Just adding that maybe it's the brand that has the issue.

I was one of the Teleflex Xtreme giveaway winners and don't ever feel a hitch with that NFB system.

Come on down and I'll let you take a few laps on the local test pond

Could be 64, too bad your so dang far away or I would take you up on that offer.

dozerII

Admiral
So.... what's in the hanger now??? Anymore splash action this past weekend???
:)J.

Hey Jim how you doing, haven't been around much laley. Still have the Holiday in the hanger, Bimini top and a few little things to do. No more splash last weekend real crappy weather for the most part and we were busy getting the campsite ready, as I start 2 weeks of holidays on Saturday. Should have lots of lake shots when we get back.

InMotion

Commander
Hey Glen,

Ya.... been busy opening up the cottage and been busy with the boat plus the business. Oh ya... riding with the kids... ya know life stuff! :) Just realized today that geeze... I haven't been on iboats in like forever! Just trying to catch up a bit!!!

Enjoy your vacation and looking forward to seeing those pics!!!!

Jim

dozerII

Admiral
Made it back from holidays okay, got lots of fishing in and took some pictuers. It is amazing how upside down work can get when you take two weeks off:disturbed: I will try to get some pics posted up soon as I get straightened out.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Welcome back! Looking forward to the holiday with the Holiday pix.