1963 Lone Star Medallion all 16' of fun

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Small update. New stereo. The speedo hole was a bit too large so a 99 cent plastic cutting board and she looks trimmed out. The other guages were a fuel and a depth guage, both non working so out they ame and covered up the holes.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I grew a beard for the first time ever. That's my wife in the back we bought dad a tv.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Rebuilt the carbs, havent run since i did so i took the day off. I'll report back later

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The apple doesn't fall far, Joe. :smile:

I think the gauge style stereos are the coolest. Just one put in my Tinnie. When I was at the boat show this year, so many new boats are are using them, from low to high end.

Nice sunset.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Nice beard Joe :thumb:

Nothing like tinkering with boat stuff, maybe some day I'll be done with major resto jobs and be in that position. :D

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
The apple doesn't fall far, Joe. :smile:

I think the gauge style stereos are the coolest. Just one put in my Tinnie. When I was at the boat show this year, so many new boats are are using them, from low to high end.

Nice sunset.

I didnt know they even exsisted until i started looking here on iboats. I really like it, only two speakers for now need to build a bench in back then I'll add two more. Couldnt get the bluetooth to connect like i did in the driveway. Classic boating issue, works in the driveway not on the water.

Man o man it was a beautiful day. She ran awesome, no more sneezing, easy start, no dead spot on acceleration and almost no one on the lake, especially where i went - way up the river. As far as i could go. Perfectly clear water and found a perfect camping spot where we prob wont see anyone else for the entire weekend. Boats drafts about 4 inches with the motor up. I walked a bit when it got really shallow....

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Oh at right at the camping spot there is a couple of huge trees washed up and water is probably 6 foot deep and i know there will be a couple catfish wanting to engage in a battle....

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
great thread just read whole thing , I'm starting to like those old aluminum boats but unsure how they would do in semi salt water in florida