1963 Lone Star Medallion all 16' of fun

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Calling it a 'refresh' rather than a 'restoration' because (at the moment) I'm not going to do to the level as you guys; I'm just after a workable little fun boat.

Some last minute reading on 64osby's scrap thread and a quick last minute call to jbcurt and I felt like it was worth a shot to buy. Looking at the scrap thread a couple tells led me to believe we have different animals - I could reach thru the floor in the transom area and feel a cross member whereas his thread shows none and I was able to see the bow eye and his had foam on it. I was also (almost) able to pick up the a** end so don't think water logged. Would it have come with foam in '63?

So as I do not have any death threats against me:

Getting ready to head out form Wentzville MO

And in home driveway

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
pretty rough inside but I think the bones are good (more to come on that)

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
the back bench is totally rotted. I'm letting dry for a day (lots of rain on the way home and overnight) and I'll start cleaning up.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
more bench rot

I don't think I've ever had a blower on an outboard boat or if I did I never used it.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
transom wood. Seems solid and appears to have had two different motors on it. SOme holes plugged up

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
hack job 4 step ladder. Sharp edges - can't believe PO didn't spend three minutes with a file

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
not a very good pic but the front carpet that was put down over the vinyl came up during the ride home. here's to hoping for a crappy glue job.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
generic shot underneath - looks pretty straight to me.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
maybe some new leafs in my future. I did a complete rehab on the Carver trailer so should be easier this time.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
the obligatory empty that i've found in every single boat I've ever bought.

And a creepy stuffed toy -- thats a first for me