1961 Starcraft - 'The whole' story

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: 1961 Starcraft - 'The whole' story

what year is that motor?

It's a '79 115hp Johnson. I'd like one just like it for my rig, same year and would just need some 85hp decals:D

If we don't hear from Kenny it's safe to assume he's out on Lake St. Clair testing out the rig;)

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

...If we don't hear from Kenny it's safe to assume he's out on Lake St. Clair testing out the rig;)

LOL I wish, too much on the stove to get away for a while :mad:

Thanks guy's for keeping up with this mess, it's 'almost' over with :D

...and Mike....'everything' has a selling price ;) although right now this motor would fall under the :eek: category {lol} I just gotta get out on the water and soon!

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

HSF

looks and sounds great!!!!
i feel like i'm standing on the dock watching all you guys push off as so many are getting done with their restores. keep the pics coming

Huron Angler

Admiral

HSF I'm starting to think you are out on St. Clair:D

Keep us posted on the fishing reports and get us a pic of the rig at the dock.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

I'm still land-locked :mad:, haven't touched a thing on her since she fired. Took my sister and her husband to Port Austin, Thursday, and picked them up to bring back home today...They are both blind, Sis, totally in one eye, and legally in the other...B.I.L. totally in both... they have a house here in Madison Hgt's about a mile from me, and they built a beautiful home up in PA...I try to get them up there and back as much as time will allow...give's me a great location to base out of when I begin learning/having Saginaw Bay adventures ;).

Saturday, I had the pleasure of cleaning out my shed :(, trash man's gonna hate me this next pick-up day {lol} I did build a box this evening from my left over ply...needed something big enough to tank test with as I have no confidence in those muffs. Epoxy coated the interior of it tonight, and have just enough 1708 glass left to do the inside seams...hopefully it will work well enough {leak proof wise} for a couple of weeks...one of my fishing bud's has a motor that needs some major nursing, and somehow I got elected to play doctor :confused:.

Anyways...hope to get back to wiring the SC up and finishing her sometime in the next week or two depending on this dang weather{rain tomorrow and midweek in the forecast}...I've waited{survived} this long, few more days won't hurt......................much! :D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

HSF

looks and sounds great!!!!
i feel like i'm standing on the dock watching all you guys push off as so many are getting done with their restores. keep the pics coming

Me too buddy, me too!

Our day will come, eh!:D

Andy in NY

Commander

you guys will get there... the end always seems so far away, but it will come.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Joe, Jas....I'm not there quite yet...seems there's always more to do...either on this tub or the missus' honey-do list :( we'll all get there eventually! :)

Did finally get some more time to play around with the wiring. Got the trim solenoid box mounted up under the splashwell, and built this little control panel to get the control handle out away from the gunwale{was really tight, almost rubbing}...threw on the box to hold my binoculars, cell, whatever...and I will either buy or build something for better weather protection of the fuse box. Just didn't want it mounted under the bow...at my size it's not favorable to be trying to climb around on your back when the needs arise, especially once the toe kick/foot rest thingy is mounted.
controlpanelc.jpg

Still lot's of wiring to do, along with who know's what else I'll find/think of...in actuality, just the wiring and seat mounts are keeping me off the water, but I'm in no rush at this point in time, just happy to be this close :p

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Almost there..savor the moment..victory is nigh

great work Kenny

BobsGlasstream

Commander

HSF,
I see your keeping the rope theme going.:D
Looks good man and I hope the wife doesn't keep you to busy like mine is trying to do.
Take care and keep up the great work.
Bob

Broadcast

Petty Officer 1st Class

More "World Famous" woodworking skills for me to be in awe of?

Won't be long Kenny, we'll be admiring pics of your catch! Keep it up!

sprintst

Commander

Man your boat looks amazing. Have you gone back to the start and looked at the pics again :) You've come a long way.

That wiring job looks great as well. Everything looks organized. I'm hoping I can get there as well.

bananaboater

Ensign

Just didn't want it mounted under the bow...at my size it's not favorable to be trying to climb around on your back when the needs arise, especially once the toe kick/foot rest thingy is mounted.

Now that's good thinking. If I ever get back under the bow I might do something like you did.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

I'm starting to get jealous Kenny. You've done a great job! This resto will move into the "completed boat projects" forum soon.

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

kenny' i've got one word for you "ROPE" it will "tie" it all together

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey HSF,
I didn't say it.

[jspano Re: 1961 Starcraft - 'The whole' story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kenny' i've got one word for you "ROPE" it will "tie" it all together /QUOTE]

:D
Keep it rolling my friend.
Bob

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Hey HSF,
I didn't say it.

LOL. I missed this earlier Bob, Jspano used some real rope trim on his trailer, and we were tossing diggs back & forth...Really, you can say it, I can take it LOL

Finally found some time to get back at picking the scabs off this resto...finished the wiring, yuck, makes me feel like EZ does towards trailer work...trim gauge doesn't work, probably replace it with a volt meter or something, possibly replace the gas gauge as well since I have no faith in them, maybe add an in-dash depth finder.

Oh yeah, when it rains here it pours...shifting not working via cables, getting to dark now to try and adjust, but since my throttle cable is too short anyways, may just replace them both....if I ever find anymore money :(

At least I got to jam with the stereo while I was tinkering with her....the boat that is ;)

almost forgot , the old flasher I think went to the honey hole in the sky too...no power indicated....Hmmm makes me wonder about this lack of electrical knowledge I possess :redface:......will dig back in next nice day we have....hope you all had a good one today!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Kenny,
Sorry about all the problems. Sounds like a really rough week.
I really hope it gets better.
I just like kidding about the rope. I really do like it.
Take care and I hope you week improves.
Bob