14 ft. Tri-hull Boat Total Rebuild

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: 14 ft. Tri-hull Boat Total Rebuild

Your in the homestretch now almost in the water :D.

Rick

tallcanadian

Captain

Man, that is looking sweet. Your going to have to do a separate section on how you made that console. Did you make a mold for that? I assumed it was just going to be a wooden console. Looks awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Man, that is looking sweet. Your going to have to do a separate section on how you made that console. Did you make a mold for that? I assumed it was just going to be a wooden console. Looks awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Hey in all actuallity it is just wooden! I'm taking from it that you seen where I had posted about it earlier where I was constructing it. The only thing I did after that was use a large round-over router bit to round off the edges and then sanded it all up. Then I used fiberglass cloth and fiberglassed it. Then I primed and painted it with the same paint I used on the boat. That's it! :D I think it turned out nice too!;)

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Alright here goes! :) I really went places on the boat today and Im really getting excited bout it! I'll get on with some pix here in a second!

First off, i had showed you the lids for the back hatch that I got carpeted. I finished carpeting the whole back deck.
PA010051.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Btw, as you may have noticed in the last pic, I got my seats!! I LOVE em! They sit great and they match my boat PERFECTLY!!

Here is the back deck all finished up with the lids laid in. I dont have the hinges fastened yet.
PA010062.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Next up...I got the trolling motor bracket that I had previously test fitted, bolted to the boat. I put 2 pieces of 3/4" exterior plywood together underneath the fiberglass to run the lags into. It snugged up great and is solid as a rock now!

PA010055.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

I also ran the wiring and fastened the bow navigation light before I mounted the front deck in place. I fastened a piece of plastic conduit on the frame that went up to the hole under the light. That way I could fish the wires down through the pipe. I think I'll have a pic later that shows the pipe better.

PA010056.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok now up to the front deck. Got the deck ply fastened in place.
PA010057.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sneak peak into my forward hatch after fastening the deck. Also notice the conduit and wiring.
PA010059.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Applying carpet adhesive to the deck and faceboard.
PA010061.jpg

The center hole in the deck is for a seat pedestal base. The smaller hole in front of it is to accept the wire from the trolling motor. I'm just putting a small slice in the carpet and sliding the wire down between it. I didn't really want a plug above the deck so this was a quick easy and fairly unnoticable way to get the wire below deck.

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Got the carpet on and cutting out the space for the hatch lid.
PA010063.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Front deck carpeted with the lid in place and pedestal base mounted.
PA010072-1.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Front hatch lid held open to show hatch size. (hinges not fastened yet). Ha! Already got my anchor rope in there! lol :D

PA010074.jpg

Rickairmedic

Commander

Duuuuuude you been busy :D. Lookin great I think you may be ahead of schedule for your splash if you keep up this pace :D .

Rick

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Now for some overall shots! :D Shot from bow with seats set in place. The driving seats are not mounted - just sitting in place. I don't have the lids that they mount to finished carpeted yet. I just wrapped them for the pic. Also, the console is just sitting in there. No controls or anything hooked up to it yet. Just helps finish the pic! ;)
PA010065.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Basically same shot. Taken from the stern this time.
PA010066.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Overhead view of back half. Hey, you guyz said you lik pix, right!? lol:D
PA010067.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Overhead front half. Notice I have the side panels finished. They're just slipped into place on the pic. They just need screwed on yet.
PA010069.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok I think this will be the last one for tonight! ;) This is my idea for seating arrangement while driving the boat. (least ways if it dont put too much weight in the back. Might needa drop a bigger person up on front deck to keep it balanced.) 2 people sittin side by side and one sitting on the back casting seat with the pedestal removed. The passenger seat beside the drivers seat will be mounted on a base like the others. I have a total of three seats, so it can be used as a pedestal seat for the front while fishing and then dropped into place beside the drivers seat for boatin.
PA010071.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Duuuuuude you been busy :D. Lookin great I think you may be ahead of schedule for your splash if you keep up this pace :D .
Rick

Ha! Yeah we really covered some ground today!:D It would be great to be done ahead of schedule! I still got plenty to do tho! I gotta hook up all the electrical stuff, steering controls, engine controls and stuff. I feel like I know the least about that stuff! Also gotta finish putting my outboard together after changing water pump and fixing gas leak. I hope that fixes the problems! Might just drop it off at a marine place and have them look at if it still dont work. It's getting too close to mess with it much!

I did get my console hit with final paint coat this eve so it should be ready to work with tomorrow eve.