14 ft. Tri-hull Boat Total Rebuild

drewpster

Commander
Re: 14 ft. Tri-hull Boat Total Rebuild

Great looking project! You will be ready for another one soon!:D Keep the progress pics coming.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Ok I posted somewhere in the midst of that picture Mele but just so you know Duude you been busy she is looking great I think you may beat your splash date if you keep it up :D.

Rick

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great looking project! You will be ready for another one soon!:D Keep the progress pics coming.

Ha ha! I hear ya! ;) I think I'll take some time off and actually go fishing before I tackle another one! :D Course the next one would need to be bigger. Something more family size and of course MORE STEAM!! lol :)

drewpster

Commander

A possible view of your future my friend.

DSC00652.jpg

My wife says "At least we got to use it for a couple of years before Drew decided it needed a paint job" Incidentally that was three years ago. Still just lacks a little finishing.,;)
(we'll get there Honey!)

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ha! No way! Thats way too big. I would never start on something that size. My next boat would be a bayliner sized thing with 100+ hp. Not some hunk of a cabin cruiser. :) I wanna tube and ski an stuff lik that. Maybe sumday...:D

Till then I'm perty tickled with wat i got!:)

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanx guyz!

Didn't really make any progress tonight. Had other work I had to do so didn't have much time to work on it. I did get the 2 hatches that the seats mount on carpeted. Hopefully tomorrow night we can hit it good again.

One thing I did realize today that I dont like....I showed you how I was thinking of mounting the passenger seat (beside the driver seat). For some reason it never dawned on me that mounting the drivers seat directly to the lid, and mounting the passengers seat on a base would make them 2 different heights. I came to tht understanding today and I dont like it. Its gonna look dumb. So...I guess I'll stick with the original plan for now as I don't have time to order another seat. But I think after we're back, I'm gonna get another seat and mount both of them in permanent and have 4 seats instead. I just hate things that aren't symetrical. Drives me crazy. Anyways....thats one goof-up! :p

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok...another full night of working and a bunch more pix!!

A couple things I got done that I dont have documented on photos:

1. Finished putting the hinges on the hatch lids. I got aluminum hinges from a local aluminum supplier. I think maybe they were made for screen door hinge? They worked very nicely and were much cheaper than buying from Cabelas or someone like that.
2. Installed the through-hull drains in the spashwell.
3. Put carpet in the back hatch.
4. Installed some hardware - previously just setting in place.

Ok now for pix!! :D

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

First thing we (me and my dad) did, was make a faceboard for the console. This was the only part of the boat that was "furniturish" so we hada lota fun making it! ;) I had got a piece of hard curly maple awhile back to use.

Measured the front of the console and cut our piece to size. Then we got all our switches and stuff that needed mounted and laid them out to decide on placement location and drilled the appropriate holes. On the left are 3 switches, and then the steering bezel in center, a horn button on top right, and a 12 volt outlet below it.
PA030076.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Faceboard clamped to console for a test fit...
PA030078.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Leaving the console for now...I did apply an exterior clear coat after the stain dried.

We bolted the 2 transom tie-down U-bolts in the back of the boat. They are at the most ingenious location. This is me in a most extra-ordinary postition tightening the bolts on the inside. It was even more fun getting out, than getting in!! lol!:D

PA030083.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

This side was just way too small! I sent my lil bro down to do the work! He fit much better!!:)

PA030087.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

We cut holes in the console to match up with the faceboard.

Edit: also notice cup holder installed in front left corner.

PA030088.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Got the console in place and ran the steering cable and mounted the steering kit. Also mounted the remote controls for the outboard.

PA030089.jpg

Rickairmedic

Commander

She is looking great . I bet next time you get the hardware on before you get 90% of the interior in :D:D.

Rick

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

My dad spent alot of the eve in this position working on the wiring! Blessings to him! I could write on a posted note what I know about electrical! Ok, maybe not quite that bad but I sincerely doubt my abilities to wire a boat and get stuff to work! Many thanx to him!

PA040094.jpg

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mounted a LED interior light on the side of the console. Has a red light....

PA040097.jpg