115 V4 SLEDR 1995? Power loss at full throtle

reeldutch

Lieutenant
Re: 115 V4 SLEDR 1995? Power loss at full throtle

may be, its more work than just replacing it with a non vro pump.
and because you have to rig it yourself and engeneer it yourself the reliability is not as good as a stock pump.

you can get a non VRO pump for about 200 dollars i would go that way bolt it on, use premix and your good for another 15 to 20 years.
its safe, easy, reliable and its not a "rig", so you could sell it easyer.

butt i think your right it can be done just would like to see how you will get it to work how much time its gonna take and how much you spend on pump, relay, vacuum switches and anything else like hoses, brass fittings, adapters, clamps, wires fuses,connectors,etc it adds up.
and that hope it will work and be reliable.

good luck

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

may be, its more work than just replacing it with a non vro pump.
and because you have to rig it yourself and engeneer it yourself the reliability is not as good as a stock pump.
butt i think your right it can be done just would like to see how you will get it to work how much time its gonna take and how much you spend on pump, relay, vacuum switches and anything else like hoses, brass fittings, adapters, clamps, wires fuses,connectors,etc it adds up.
and that hope it will work and be reliable.

good luck

Yep.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=339909

nate69

Cadet

Here's an update, pictures and parts list to come later... The electric pump has been installed, less than 5 psi of fuel pressure on the fuel lines, engine runs great at and idle, at wot, and no smoke screen and idle. For the Canadians (kennyfam), the pump shuts down when the engine stalls (which has never happened), but in the event that it does, the pump will stop.... imagine that.... total cost for all parts is less that 110.00 including pump. I went the extra mile to come up with a way to shut down the fuel pump in the event of a stall, however, since the fuel pump relay is actuated by the ignition switch a (simple) way to shut the fuel pump off would be to "TURN THE IGNITION SWITCH OFF", when and the if the engine stalls. :rolleyes:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Here's an update, pictures and parts list to come later... The electric pump has been installed, less than 5 psi of fuel pressure on the fuel lines, engine runs great at and idle, at wot, and no smoke screen and idle. For the Canadians (kennyfam), the pump shuts down when the engine stalls (which has never happened), but in the event that it does, the pump will stop.... imagine that.... total cost for all parts is less that 110.00 including pump. I went the extra mile to come up with a way to shut down the fuel pump in the event of a stall, however, since the fuel pump relay is actuated by the ignition switch a (simple) way to shut the fuel pump off would be to "TURN THE IGNITION SWITCH OFF", when and the if the engine stalls. :rolleyes:

Congratulations on your success. I am very happy for you as I am certain countless others are. Please do not be racist toward Canadians. I am actually English. Bash the English if you feel it necessary. Please get the spelling of my handle correctly for future reference though.
Great job and all the best for the future with it. Did not take you long either since mid November.
Thank You kindly for the update.:) and glad to see the job was done safely. It makes it all worthwhile :)