Trailer Roller ID / Where To Buy?

Brian A

Cadet
Hi Folks,

Despite browsing many web sites looking for this particular roller and bracket, I just can't seem to find it. If anyone could tell me the type name of this beast, or better yet point me to somewhere I can buy a couple, it would be greatly appreciated. I want to replace a couple of these on my trailer when I go to repaint it.

101_6093.jpg

Thanks,

Brian

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Trailer Roller ID / Where To Buy?

The bracket looks sturdy and very usable in the pic. Maybe clean up, paint and just a new roller will take care of it for you.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

That is pretty old, gonna be hard to find, and looks pretty expensive to manufacture compared to modern designs.

Replace with a modern design.

Brian A

Cadet

That is pretty old, gonna be hard to find, and looks pretty expensive to manufacture compared to modern designs.

Replace with a modern design.

I don't know a lot about all the newer options, everything seems to be little parts, and not assemblies. What would the modern equivalent be for this?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I don't know a lot about all the newer options, everything seems to be little parts, and not assemblies. What would the modern equivalent be for this?

Stamped steel like the ones below. Like I said earlier all you need is new rollers. You have much studier, stronger brackets. My opinion, of course.

Seasense One Piece Panel Brackets - iboats

Brian A

Cadet

Stamped steel like the ones below. Like I said earlier all you need is new rollers. You have much studier, stronger brackets. My opinion, of course.

Seasense One Piece Panel Brackets - iboats

Thanks for the information. I actually want to add an additional two rollers in addition to cleaning up the trailer, so was thinking to replace all of them with like rollers. However I'll take your advise on cleaning up the ones I have, and I'll take a look at those one piece panel brackets that you linked. Those newer panel brackes, I assume you get a U-bolt and tilt them on the angle you want the roller, similar to the ones that I have now? I also assume I'd have to buy the roller, pin and end caps separately? There isn't a full assembly option?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm pretty new at this, and want to limit the problems from ordering wrong parts, etc. I appreciate your help.