A different foam question

jeromeo25

Cadet
I have a small (11'6") fiberglass hull inflatable that I want to use for fishing. I would like to fill the tubes with foam to keep a hook from causing a major problem while out in the bay. I have been told there is a product specificly for this purpose but have not been able to find anything. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks in advance.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: A different foam question

2 part expanding foam.....closed cell....

see the las page of...."boat rot....wet foam prevention" thread in this forum

jeromeo25

Cadet

2 part expanding foam.....closed cell....

see the las page of...."boat rot....wet foam prevention" thread in this forum

I have used the 2 part expanding foam before under the floor of a previous project.my concern is over or underinflating the tubes. how would i go about getting the right "inflation" of the tubes? I would hate to have the tubes not get fully inflated ,but be sealed off,preventing me from filling the remaining portion up with air.

Willyclay

Captain

I was talking to a vender at the home show about spray-on foam insulation for my house. He claimed they use "close-cell" insulation and install the floation foam in one local builder's new boats. Might be an option for you. Good luck!

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

What kind is it?

I thought it was hard to hurt them with a hook?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I have used the 2 part expanding foam before under the floor of a previous project.my concern is over or underinflating the tubes. how would i go about getting the right "inflation" of the tubes? I would hate to have the tubes not get fully inflated ,but be sealed off,preventing me from filling the remaining portion up with air.

im sorry .....i didnt see inflateable.....dont worry about ripping it with a hook....and you dont want to fill the sponsons up with foam....

I was talking to a vender at the home show about spray-on foam insulation for my house. He claimed they use "close-cell" insulation and install the floation foam in one local builder's new boats. Might be an option for you. Good luck!

the spray on closed cell is really expencive compaired to the pour in 2 part