New website style & color scheme ???

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yeah good on the font.

My only thought on the hippo after a couple days. The one pictured is not jumping out as a hippo. Yall prob saw it because you were told that's what is was going to be, or in the design development stage it was known to be a hippo and suggestion tells you what it was. If you are set on that one, and you probably are as it cost a bunch of time and money - get some more. Put a human body on him and make him look bada**. Use a couple different angles. Have him driving a boat and towing and RV while hanging out the window with his hot hippo wife by his side. Whatever but expand beyond that one and make it a image campaign. One image won't cut it.

**full disclosure; I barely graduated high school and I'm just a regional guy for directv with a history in retail management so I obviously do not know what I speak of. But I spend a sh..ton of money online...

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
yeah good on the font.

My only thought on the hippo after a couple days. The one pictured is not jumping out as a hippo. Yall prob saw it because you were told that's what is was going to be, or in the design development stage it was known to be a hippo and suggestion tells you what it was. If you are set on that one, and you probably are as it cost a bunch of time and money - get some more. Put a human body on him and make him look bada**. Use a couple different angles. Have him driving a boat and towing and RV while hanging out the window with his hot hippo wife by his side. Whatever but expand beyond that one and make it a image campaign. One image won't cut it.

**full disclosure; I barely graduated high school and I'm just a regional guy for directv with a history in retail management so I obviously do not know what I speak of. But I spend a sh..ton of money online...

"Hot hippo wife"! You crack me up!

I have to agree, though, I just don't see the hippo and I don't understand what it has to do with iboats. But it's not my company's logo, so have at it!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Joe, here you go

HippoColour.jpg

4c1906e496403f72d5b4897e92c314da.jpg

I first thought it was a rhino or crouching cat without a tail from behind.....

yes, I think Tonees and GA had them change the font because those of us with color blindness couldnt see stuff.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Come on folks, what is so wrong with a Hippo? If you know anything about hippos then you know they are equally mobile on land and in the water. So folks trailering their boats are land dwellers and water goes. Sounds like it works to me. :eek: :facepalm: :pound:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joe, here you go
yes, I think Tonees and GA had them change the font because those of us with color blindness couldnt see stuff.

Naked and Afraid style might be better for a family site.

HippoColour1.jpg

Or some dignity so the lovely lady cannot be identified.

HippoColour2.jpg

Who, me complain? :rolleyes:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
so BTW from the home page no quick links to the forum, shopping or boats for sale? Or am I missing something again

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
This is why I love this forum ! No matter how bad my day was there is always a post or two that cracks me up ! :lol: