RE: hijackin a thread

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
and while I'm thinking about it.... didn't really care much for him or his style, but he had that something that almost makes you watch. I'd almost rather be way up the creek and hear my starter grind than listen to him.

But the bottom line is that, if it's OK for me to be me, then it has to be OK for everyone else to be whomever they are....

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
But the bottom line is that, if it's OK for me to be me, then it has to be OK for everyone else to be whomever they are....

That all depends on who is being hyjacked and who is doing the hyjack ... Personally I don't mind as long as it don't go on forever ..If It goes on too long you can just throw out a :focus: .. That usually gets things back on track .. ;)

bassman284

Commander
If anyone can find a Fran Tarkenton SB victory ring. I would consider acquiring it. But you gotta find one first. :D

He was in SB's against the Dolhgins, Steelers and Raiders.
I attended a quality conference about 20 years ago where Fran Tarkenton was the keynote speaker. Freaking great. I don't know if he does that stuff anymore but if you can ever get somewhere Fran is speaking, do it. You'll love it.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
HIJACK.

A little over six years I joined this forum, been confined to a mental hospital ever since, but they do give me access to the internet.:facepalm:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
HIJACK.

A little over six years I joined this forum, been confined to a mental hospital ever since, but they do give me access to the internet.:facepalm:
thought this was an insane asylum!!!!! More loose nuts than you'll find on an old Chrysler Outboard!! or should i say frozen, corroded, broken, stripped out, wrong size, brittle, fatigued, rusty, crusty, what was I thinking when I said I could fix this thing???

They were pretty good motors

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
That all depends on who is being hyjacked and who is doing the hyjack ... Personally I don't mind as long as it don't go on forever ..If It goes on too long you can just throw out a :focus: .. That usually gets things back on track .. ;)
it's a good philosophy to go by, keeps me from judging, but i do have to make assessments looking at potential to harm - some are too toxic to be around. SORRY! that's way OFF topic! lol

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
FAMOUS LAST WORDS: "that's funny, you don't look that tuff...."

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
FAMOUS LAST WORDS: "all this boat needs is a little paint...."

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
my fave was myron cope.

"This is Myron Cope on Sports"

He was the longest tenured NFL team announcer ever - 35 years and also the "inventor" of the Terrible Towel.

:focus::. ........Today is not Monday.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Vin Scully of the Dodgers has been broadcasting their games for 66 years. A record for all sports broadcasting for one team. Next year is his last at 87 years old!

They wanted him to do Monday Night Football when it started in 1970 but couldn't because of job with the Dodgers.

Last edited: