1981 18 SS

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Nice transfer from one trailer to the other, good thinking I would never have thought of doing it that way, nice looking trailer, boat sits nice and low in it, I like the bunk work.looks good.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Smooooooth trailer transfer....you make it look like you've done this before :lol:

I really like that bunk design glen!

dozerII

Admiral
Nice transfer from one trailer to the other, good thinking I would never have thought of doing it that way, nice looking trailer, boat sits nice and low in it, I like the bunk work.looks good.

Thanks John, I really like this bunk set up, easiest loading trailers ever.

Smooooooth trailer transfer....you make it look like you've done this before :lol:

I really like that bunk design glen!

Thanks CC

64osby

Admiral
What is the lowest pressure the staple gun will run on?

Fit a plastic spacer over the tip, maybe?

dozerII

Admiral
What is the lowest pressure the staple gun will run on?

Fit a plastic spacer over the tip, maybe?

I have played with the pressure down to about 60psi it doesn't seem to change the power it just quits shooting staples at that point. Tell me more about the plastic spacer idea 64?

stevecur

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I would try cutting the length of the driver down a little at a time. Sounds like it may be protruding to far and doing the damage instead of the power being a problem.

64osby

Admiral
My old electric Duofast will cut the vinyl if I press too hard.

Just thinking if you put a spacer or cap that held the tip away from the vinyl material it wouldn't cut through each time.

dozerII

Admiral
I would try cutting the length of the driver down a little at a time. Sounds like it may be protruding to far and doing the damage instead of the power being a problem.

Thanks Steve, I will check that out.

My old electric Duofast will cut the vinyl if I press too hard.

Just thinking if you put a spacer or cap that held the tip away from the vinyl material it wouldn't cut through each time.

Thanks 64 If I find I can't adjust the driver I will try to make a plastic spacer of some type.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sometimes I've seen staples driven through a heavy paper strip. I guess so the staple doesn't cut into the work. I wouldn't use paper on a boat, but maybe thickish plastic you staple through might work. Like pieces of the lids on coffee or Pringles cans?

dozerII

Admiral
Sometimes I've seen staples driven through a heavy paper strip. I guess so the staple doesn't cut into the work. I wouldn't use paper on a boat, but maybe thickish plastic you staple through might work. Like pieces of the lids on coffee or Pringles cans?

Hey GA, I have used plastic that way before, but it was to have a hidden straight edge on the vinyl.

GA_Boater

Post padder! :eek:

Did the staple cut through the plastic "straight edge"? If you reply, back to an odd number until 6000. :lol:

dozerII

Admiral
Post padder! :eek:

Did the staple cut through the plastic "straight edge"? If you reply, back to an odd number until 6000. :lol:

Yup padding like crazy:facepalm: no the staples didn't, they don't on the carpet either unless I press to hard.

GA_Boater

Dozer is our newest Vice Admiral @ 5000 posts. Congrats, DII

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Baboooom! 5000 posts of awesomeness! Congratulations!!! :D

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Oh my, now that's a pile of post. Sounds like a new keyboard may be in order :)