Which model rules iboats?

Which model rules iboats?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

reelfishin

Captain
Re: Which model rules iboats?

Well, once I know what I have I will add to the post and help MY side win, of course. I am posting some more pics today, have to use better camera to get the pics that will clench the design. I am definitely lookin forward to working this baby into use. Making a dolly/floor trailer (don't know what else to call it) to move it into garage so I can work on it and get it out of the weather.
Jim

What is the beam width, center length and depth? Got a hull number?

It could be a Belle Isle, American, Del Ray, Comet, Meteor, or Bahama model, or they also had a Riviera, Wildcat, and Arrow to name a few. I'm sure I missed a few here but you get the idea, the lapstrake hull will help narrow it down too.

I've got that same hull here, in need of all new wood. The transom and floor are gone, I vacuumed up the deck a few years ago, and shook out the transom wood from the bottom of the cavity. The glass is in good shape. It's a 16' version. This one is older, I believe around a 1963 or so, probably a Comet or Meteor model.

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

Way to go Nosnahoj !!!!:D
Take every vote for SS we can get...gotta keep us way out in the lead..
How fast will your boat go, according to GPS???
Love to see more pics of your boat...keep them coming...don't tease
us with just one!!!:eek:

Aaahhhh the SS - with all its utility it really is the "minivan" of the Starcraft Fleet

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Aaahhhh the SS - with all its utility it really is the "minivan" of the Starcraft Fleet

lol...ewwwww minivan? Surprised hellfire has not been unleashed from the SS Death Squad..Unless minivan is some kinda compliment..

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

lol...ewwwww minivan? Surprised hellfire has not been unleashed from the SS Death Squad..Unless minivan is some kinda compliment..

Yah, I was thinking that starcrafter was poking fun at those guys with the mini van comment. I thought sure one of those guys would be ticked that their beloved SS just got likened to something a soccer mom drives:eek::eek::D

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Minivan is not a compliment by any means. I chose to ignore it. Sometimes you just need to turn the other cheek Kev. Like my Granny Smith used to say if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

I went from Pirate vessel to minivan!!! Gee honey look the seats are offset in case a crazy Holiday owner hits us in the side, This has the highest crash rating of all the boats. It's so practical dear. The children will be so safe. I really like the built in DVR's so our addhd children can watch Spongebob or Hanna Montana while we drive ten minutes to Walmart.

My wife has a minivan, it kinda sucks. Oh it's practical all right. Safe too.

SS is to the Eddie Bauer F-150 (4 wheel drive), as Holiday is to the Honda Accord (the 4 banger).:D

There, now my Granny Smith would be so disappointed.:(

nosnahoj

Recruit

Minivan? ick no. Crossover sport wagon, maybe. Like my old Subaru WRX. :cool:

I just got my '68 SS back from the motor shoppe - '68 100hp Johnson RIP. She's much happier with the '08 60hp ETEC.

Maiden voyage later today I hope, weather's really crappy just in time for my new boat.

Attachments

• 68 bow.jpg
    68 bow.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 68 helm.jpg
    68 helm.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 68 side.jpg
    68 side.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 0

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

Sheesh - I posted that like a week ago....finally drew the ire of the SS crowd!

If thread isn't for this kind of stuff what is ?!!?

I am going to going to buy another holiday so I can vote again!

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

If that tune doesn't get your feet moving.....you have no soul!

Now I am definately putting a sound system in and loadin' up my Ipod....

nukid68

Seaman Apprentice

Well, it is now official, as far as I am concerned. I have 1 vote for the caravel, 1966 - 1969. Guess I am the only one, does that make ME special? Course, without a trailer she won't get wet, but that isn't a requirement, is it? and no motor she won't go speeding down the waterways, but, hey, oars were around first,,,she can at least gallop along at a swift 2 mph, eh?
thanks to Century for the confirmation.
Jim

WesMason

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Finally broke down and completed the poll. Couldn't bring myself to be considered "other". I mean really...other...those of us with classics like a JET :eek: have to be ok with being one of those "other boats". Maybe it could've been the "yadda yadda" catagory. Well count me in. I may be other...but I am all Starcraft!

Pride in ownership here...nothing more...and certainly nothing less.:D

Huron Angler

Admiral

Wes...think of it this way...the Jet owners are so independant, free-thinking and individualistic that it would compromise their ideals to be "boxed" into any category.

Or maybe CBK was worried about a Jet coup d'etat on his poll:D

bananaboater

Ensign

Wes...think of it this way...the Jet owners are so independant, free-thinking and individualistic that it would compromise their ideals to be "boxed" into any category.

Or maybe CBK was worried about a Jet coup d'etat on his poll:D

I guess us Jet/Jet Star owners will now have re think the planned coup at Lake Anna. Who leaked the plan to HA? It was the perfect time to overwhelm the SS owners and other lesser SC owners to consolidate our numbers and power. Back to the underground my fellow conspirators.

Yellow Boater

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I guess us Jet/Jet Star owners will now have re think the planned coup at Lake Anna. Who leaked the plan to HA? It was the perfect time to overwhelm the SS owners and other lesser SC owners to consolidate our numbers and power. Back to the underground my fellow conspirators.

Yellow Boater

lol...With 70 combined Holiday & SS owners..We would join alliances together and quell your little anarchist scheme...

In fact arent SS's really a Holiday thats missing some tin on the bow? lol

Huron Angler

Admiral

Who leaked the plan to HA?

My sources will not be compromised...I have operational assets that keep me abreast of all would-be conspirators and their devilish schemes;)

Status
Not open for further replies.