HAHA I jsut got shocked at work

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer
My dumbazz partener thought he cut off the power to a string of flourescent lights. i asked him if hes sure he said yeah. So I go test it with my buzzer and nothign. ( later on that) so i pull out my linesman pliers and POP bright sparks instant suntan and me doing a funky chicken up on a 20 foot boom lift. S**t S**t you a hole bastad. I came dowm off the lift and wanted to throttle him. my linesmans are dust now. Big giant hole in the cutting edge.
So I took his new linesmans. I later found out the batteries in my buzzer were dead. Still mad cause I showed him which breaker to kill and lock out but the dumns*8t locked otu the wrong one. No biggie but I had to sit there and write up a big long report on why I was such a dumbazz today and why my helper is a even bigger dumbazz.
after all that the boom lift decides to quit on me with me 12 feet up in the air. I jsut packed it in and went home because I fuigured if i didnt someone is gonna get hurt today. mainly me. i told that to my boss and he started to laugh his azz off. i think at one time he dropped his phone from laughing so hard. He finally sent me to a different jobhsite where all I had to do was pull a bunch of THHN
Rob

scrobo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: HAHA I jsut got shocked at work

Wow.

The shock must have been bad. :eek:

Will you ever be able to spell again? ;)

lol:D

RCSConstruction

Chief Petty Officer

Same thing happened to my buddy on a job, except it was a 480v line...:eek:
He still isn't right.:(
Be careful out there.

dhath

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Glad you are ok!! My uncle was electricuted once when someone turned on a breaker he had red tagged and locked out. Has affected his heart for the rest of his life.

tommays

Admiral

Well now glad you are OK

BUT thats why everybody should have there own locks and put them on

Sometimes we have 3 or 4 on a hasp it is much less of a PITA the calling and ambulance

Tommays

dubge

Seaman

First I would like to say glad you are ok

Wow.

The shock must have been bad. :eek:

Will you ever be able to spell again? ;)

lol:D

I was laughing pretty good at this comment :) My wife in the next room had to ask me what was so funny

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer

LOL sorry guys. i was trying to type as fast as I could cause the wife was yelling about something downstairs and I couldnt concentrate. Something about being hungry lets go eat. Jeez you'd think I never fed her the way she was carying on about being hungry
Rob

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

couldn't ya' just FRY her somethin' at home? :cool:

Matthew_B

Seaman

Well now glad you are OK

Sometimes we have 3 or 4 on a hasp it is much less of a PITA the calling and ambulance

Tommays

Yep, and watch out for the neutral too.

Ripfence

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm glad you are OK. I expect it could have been a lot worse.

redfury

Commander

When I somehow managed to wire my VW bug to stay running as long as I had the brake pedal pushed in ( key out of the ignition ) and then would kill the motor when I released the pedal, I knew a career in electrical engineering was not going to be my bread and butter.

That's why I refinish hardwood floors. Worst I have to deal with is a sliver for the most part.

Glad you didn't get hurt though. Lots of bad things could happen that high in the air. ( also the reason why I'm not a sprinkler fitter :D )

MikDee

Banned

Glad you're Ok! Be careful Man! Next time put your partner on the lift, and you work the breakers.

heycods

Captain

Well now glad you are OK

Tommays

Yepper thats the way we done it at the plant, Sometimes a hasp would have 6 locks and we would have to remove the hasp and insert another to get more locks on. If you were caught working on a machine without your lock and tag on it you were history.

QuadManiac

Petty Officer 1st Class

I later found out the batteries in my buzzer were dead.

And the final moral to the story is: Don't trust your life to something that relies on batteries!!!! Get an old fashioned test light or meter.

ziggy

Admiral

good thing yer ok. had me a electrician buddy when i worked in the joint. he got hooked up by that kinda s**t. that incedent was caused by the power in being on the wrong side of the fuse and he grabbed it and was hooked up..... man was he mad. but alive. i personaly came within inches of gettin off on 480v with my lug wrench in hand. changed my mind at the last min. and decided to comfirm that the other guy had the right switch off. it was live. geez....never again will i ever assume that the power is off w/o testin w/ a known good meter.........and like stated before. test them neutrals too. they can be lively too......

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Never tell your wife to turn off the breaker unit because that is what I have done and she went and trip the wrong breaker. I was wiring a house fan in the living room, I told me wife to turn off the main breaker switch (the big one at the top of the breaker box) and she called back and said that it is done. Me, I did not go and check it for myself took her word for it. Took the laddle and climb up and undo the old fan and left the bare wire hanging. When I took the new fan and connect the same color wire together I accidently touch the white wire to the black wire, the next thing I know there were spark flying around and one of the spark fell down the back of my shirt, shouted bloody murder and wife came running out to find out what happened. Scared the living day light out of me and was termbling when got off the laddle with a burn spot on my back. Came to find out wife turn off the wrong breaker switch, one of the breaker at the top instead of the main breaker. I learned my lesson, next time I will go and turn of the breaker myself. Eventually hook the fan up about 2 days later.

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer

Glad you are ok!! My uncle was electricuted once when someone turned on a breaker he had red tagged and locked out. Has affected his heart for the rest of his life.

People who are electricuted don't live.
People who are shocked (no matter how bad) live.