New to Iboats

IOSLVR

Seaman
Just wanted to say hi to you fellow boaters. Was wondering if I belonged here but after looking at the Show yer boat thread I realized there was a broad range of membership. I really have enjoyed reading alot of the postings for the past couple of weeks. Not only new to Iboats but also new to boating. Just bought my boat back in July and loving it!

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: New to Iboats

Welcome aboard ! We love to hear new boat owner experiences, we've all been there ourselves once upon a time

Hope you are enjoying your new toy!

Bigprairie1

Commander

....this is a somewhat ironic post with respect to your timing IO. Regardless....welcome aboard....its a colourful group, as you'll hopefully find out.

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer

Was wondering if I belonged here but after looking at the Show yer boat thread I realized there was a broad range of membership. QUOTE]

Where did you see the "show your boat" thread? Did I miss that one?

Welcome, and if you haven't already, show us your new toy

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

welcome aboard. we are one of the best sources of free info, available. we love pictures. be sure to read the rules.

SpinnerBait_Nut

IOSLVR

Seaman

Have read the rules, didn't seem to be a problem following em. Familiar with what Big Prairie mentioned. Did put a pic of truck & boat on profile, thought it would show up even though not that good. Don't have a good (sun shining) exterior shot yet. How do i get a pic to go with post?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Have read the rules, didn't seem to be a problem following em. Familiar with what Big Prairie mentioned. Did put a pic of truck & boat on profile, thought it would show up even though not that good. Don't have a good (sun shining) exterior shot yet. How do i get a pic to go with post?
Go to a webhosting site and upload it to there and then come back and click on the radio button right above this reply box, 5th one from the right and insert the url in it.
Click preview post and see if it's there.

IOSLVR

Seaman

Sorry SBN, borderline computer illiterate, could you explain how or where to go for webhosting site for pic uploading?

QC

Supreme Mariner

IO, those destructions I linked you to look more like a discussion . . . Tell me what you have done so far and I'll try and help.

IOSLVR

Seaman

Sorry QC, doing my best. I joined photobucket, downloaded my pic there, clicked on that img thing then came here and tried to paste it. If all else fails the "boss" will be home after awhile to straighten me out

QC

Supreme Mariner

Just right click on the picture on Photobucket. Go to properties, and copy the Address: ( ht tp://blah blah blah.jpg) etc. and then click the
insertimage.gif
above the reply box. A new box will pop up and then you paste the link into it. Make sure that you don't get the HTTP part twice, you'll see what I mean. Close that box and then post the reply and that shoul be it.

tashasdaddy

you guys are seeing stuff on your screen i don't have. had it in the old forum. what i have to do with photobucket, is click the box on the bottom left of the picture, or pictures i want, then scoll to the bottom of the page, and clik generate html, it will take you to a different page, about 3 sections down, it say thumb nails, and the html, clik on the box, and copy, then paste that into the post. also in the regular forum, you can use the blue post reply button, type what you want, then scroll down to manage attachments, clik, 1/2 screen comes up and you can load directly form your computer.

tashasdaddy

like this. this was with manage attachments

Attachments

• MVC-295S.JPG
    MVC-295S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 0

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, that's the long way tashapops. You can do it even from the Quick Reply deal, same way I did this
insertimage.gif
:D