81 Glastron SX-190 Transom and Engine- PICS Galore Update 11-8

seamorewaterVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 81 Glastron SX-190 Transom and Engine- PICS Galore Update 11-8

Well I got alot done today on the donor boat. It is not yielding as many parts as I would like, but hey, I got my emblems I wanted. The outdrive and gimble ought to worth something.

hey frisco
I wish I was as far along on mine as you are on yours. Its looking good. What parts did you need other than the emblems from the doner? I am thinking of getting a doner as well but I am hesitant cus of storage space. what are you thinking of doing with the hull when you get all the parts you need off?

Friscoboater

Captain

The space is my problem too, but I am going to get it stripped fast and dump it. I am going to sell the trailer on CL and most likely cut up the boat. I will get a big pack of blades and go to town.

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Frisco,

I've been catching up on your videos. I think we have the same brain:D

When you said that you'd rather fix stuff yourself and trust nobody else you could have been talking about me. And then the challenge of the fence same again! Learn how and DO IT YOURSELF.

Hey, I think you and you're video just finished my signature line!

Boat's looking nice. Do you have a salvageable X-19 emblem left over? even something I could make a mold from? Looks like I'm up against all the same stuff. Would you mind PMing me the part numbers for the louvers. seems there are several different sizes.

Looking good, and nice van too. I had to drop down to a mini van for economy (too much driving). Started carrying a Little Giant ladder for those high places.

Love the video's too what camera do you use?

BobsGlasstream

Commander

friscoboater,
Looks like you are making some good progress. To bad your can't savage more. You had better get a couple big packs of blades. and a very large trash bag. :eek:
Have fun
Bob

Friscoboater

Captain

I thought I had seen them all, but that one is new to me. Thanks for the link.

Friscoboater

Captain

Mountain man,

I just now saw you question about the camera. I have a JVC Eviro hard Drive camera. I would not recommend it at all. It uses a weird file formate and it pissed me off so bad that I did not use it for a year. Then I started doing this boat and you guys liked the video i shot on my Iphone and I had to get it out.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Im going to check out all the vids you posted after this post

man....it amazing how bad the shape of some of these older boats are in....

they just get tore up by the elements!

system-f

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I love that video of the Glastrons!

It really does make me sad when I see that people don't take care of old boats like that. Yesterday I was cleaning up the PMS some more and I am pretty sure that it is original...no restores done to it before and the people that owned it didn't take great care of it but they kept the bow up.

Jay, when are you going to start on the transom work?

Friscoboater

Captain

I am dumping this thing asap. My HOA is throwing a fit!!!!!

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

friscoboater,

Hate to see you rushed. It kinda messes up the priorities!

I'm glad I live where cinder blocks are considered proper storage for a car.:D

Property value isn't real high, but no one cares either!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Sounds like you have Clark Grizwald's neighbors from Christmas Vacation! I think you should hire cousin Eddie to bring in his RV.....they will be begging you to bring the boat back! :D Sorry to hear they are giving you static, hope you get all you need out of it before you get rid of it.

Friscoboater

Captain

It is only the fact that it is not registered. I would hate to have to cut it up.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

friscoboater,
Sorry to hear about your HOA, causing you problems. I know that they serve a purpose but they sometimes get carried away.
I hope you can work it out, so you do what you wanted.
Good Luck
Bob

Friscoboater

Captain

The boat is picked clean, so that part is taken care of. I do not want to give the thing away as the trailer is worth something. The funny thing is... my house has the nicest yard, best landscaping, and the boat is in the back of the house. My fence covers it too. I know the people on the board and they are being cool about it. I just have this on e crazy person that lives behind me that hates teh sound of an air ratchet.

I am ready to get it out of here so I can get back to my baby.

seamorewaterVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The boat is picked clean, so that part is taken care of. I do not want to give the thing away as the trailer is worth something. The funny thing is... my house has the nicest yard, best landscaping, and the boat is in the back of the house. My fence covers it too. I know the people on the board and they are being cool about it. I just have this on e crazy person that lives behind me that hates teh sound of an air ratchet.

I am ready to get it out of here so I can get back to my baby.

Did you pull the fuel tank out of it, and if you did is it poly or alum? umm or did it have removables?

Friscoboater

Captain

The tank is the onlu thing left. It is Aluminum and I will take it out if i cut it up.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

friscoboater,
So, Have you decided what you are going to do with the donor boat yet?
Have you got back on the primary project yet?
Bob

Friscoboater

Captain

If the boat does not sell my this weekend I will either cut it up or take to a field and dump it.

Compadre

Recruit

I just recently started reading your repair, all looks clean and professional it almost looks as though you are an experienced boat restorer, I too am enjoying a winter Glastron project that includes dry-rot replacement (what were they thinking) . I was wondering why polyester resin instead of epoxy? also have you had any curing problems with the resin?