Craigslist is the devil

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Craigslist is the devil

Well I called and left a message. We will see what happens.

mphy98

Lieutenant

whahahahahahaha, buy the boat, buy the boat, buy the boat. It needs you.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Talked to the guy, the boat is aluminum and doesn't leak. Motor turns over, no spark. Trailer is good. Told him I'll be by this afternoon with the money. Even sight unseen it's gotta be worth 300.

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

Buy it and I wil give you $400 if you deliver.:D

capt_neo

Seaman Apprentice

Wow!

No kidding; my first boat was a 1961 Crestliner with a 40 h.p. Johnson that I bought from a farmer in upstate N.Y. for $300.00, Funny thing is this was in 1972 and I was 13 years old!

Mine was a glass hull, pull start engine. Used if a number of seasons clamming in the the Great South Bay off Long Island, NY and have many great memories of that thing. (I can recall a time when a friend's father, looking down at me from his 36' Chris Craft, said that there's no way he is letting his son get in what he thought was a dinghy to go out in to the bay, let alone take it over to Fire Island (which I did quite often).

They are such simple boats to work on / maintain and dang, $300.00! today? Since you appear to be in the market, I fall in to the group that's urging you to BUY IT before it's gone!

(The spark issue may be as simple as replacing the solinoid; under the flywheel as I recall. You may want to check on parts availability first for the motor. However the hull alone is worth the $300.00. Check out
http://www.outboardrepairs.com/

Good luck and cheers,
Gary

southtexas

Petty Officer 2nd Class

trailer's probably worth a hundred or so...

and yes, CL is the devil. it's like crack, only I was able to quit that :eek:

jk guys, I've never done crack...or have I (twitch twitch)

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

From what I could tell from the internet, crestliner boats are welded hulls. And they have good I-beam floors that are easy to replace the plywood on. The guy has all the old plywood already out becuase it had rotted but he kept it as a template. Getting excited to get off work and get over there and get it.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Well it's sitting in my drive waiting to greet my wife. Ended up getting it for $250. The most the guy could tell me about the motor is the little round thingy on top will spin. Any how it's a riveted hull but its in pretty darn good shape. Needs paint and new floor for sure. Also got a nice tilt trailer.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Dammmmmmmm Craigslist!!!!!!!!

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/boa/1274839796.html

I was tellin Ezmobee..I torture myself daily..DAILY and what do I get rewarded with?????? Finds like this when my first boat isnt finished yet..

The guy just emailed me too..
He said..
I dont know the model (I asked him if it wan SS) He said I dont know what it is, but it has an open bow with seating! aka a SS..Kill me!

wellsc1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Talked to the guy, the boat is aluminum and doesn't leak. Motor turns over, no spark. Trailer is good. Told him I'll be by this afternoon with the money. Even sight unseen it's gotta be worth 300.

I guess you bought it. The add has been removed by the owner. Tell us how it works and what it needs to work completely.;)

jakebrake

Petty Officer 1st Class

did you wince when he said "little round thingy?

Jeep Man

Commander

Just tell the better half..."The DEVIL made me do it"

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, when he told me the little round thingy would spin I prayed that he had not worked on it. Anyhow all the wires were loose in the distributor, so I tightened everthing up and put some premix in the cylinders and it fired. I know for sure that the solenoid is shot, had to jump it. As long as I know it will fire and run somewhat I'll go forward with all the normal maintenance stuff. Be starting a restoration thread now. Thatnks for all the encouragement from everyone, my wife is so happy to have this in her back yard.

Lightnig

Petty Officer 2nd Class

sounds like you got a great deal there.

Bought a non-running boat, put a few minutes work into it and now it's running. Gotta love it. :)

That said;
addpics2.gif