TXP revisited

realmasa

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Finally i have my TXP installed. A quick test run revealed that top speed at wot is a about 45knots at 5100rpm, this is with the engine trimmed out of the scale of the trim gauge. It's quite obvious that the engine needs to be raised a bit. The AV plate is about 1cm above the bottom. I'm installing a water pr. gauge. Can somebody give an educated guess how much i should raise the engine to start with?
pic of my boat

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: TXP revisited

Always test one hole at a time with no jackplate...that's 3/4" center to center...
With a jackplate, a half inch at a time is good.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I guess TXP stands for Turbo Xtra Performance. Boy that babe, er ah prop has a rake on it. Just looks like it ought to fly.

Mark

realmasa

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Walleyehed, Dhadley and others, i'm about to order a CMC ML-65 in order to raise the engine more convinient. I need some advice here.. is it wasted money or not? Will something be suffering from this, e.g. handling? Can i expect the top speed i had with the original ballistic 14x21(48.5knots)?
I have checked that the cables and hoses to the engine are long enough.

Thanks, Mattias.

Ron G

Commander

I personally think will help all around and you can really fine tune your setup.

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I LOVE MY JACKPLATE!!!!d:) My boat sports the PL-65 w/10" of setback.:^

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Ah, the button! Nothing like it..........

realmasa

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dhadley said:
Ah, the button! Nothing like it..........
LOL :)
OK, i will order the manual PL-65, it will take some time before it arrives to Finland. I really look forward to it.

Crownie2

Petty Officer 1st Class

I hope you are getting the 5.5" setback - I really don't think you need the 10" setback.

Just as a starting point, you should position the engine one inch higher for every 2.5" to 3" of set back (or about 2" higher) than it is now.

You will find your boat a little more sensitive to trim, which is usually a good thing.

Good luck and keep us informed!

Bob

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not trying to jack this thread, but how does the TXP compare to the Tempest?? What characteristics does it have on a boat?? Bow or Stern lifting?

realmasa

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi Bob and thanks for the info. Yes it's the 5.5", i will keep you informed, it will take a couple of weeks before i have it here.

/Mattias

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

The TXP is targeted at pad bottom boats that have a lot of natural bow lift. TXP's have more overall lift rather than just bow lift. Bullet, Stroker, Hydrostream, Allison etc. The Lightning is targeted at boats that could use more bow lift than overall lift.

This not to say the Lightning and the TXP cannot be used on the same boats, this is just what the designer had in mind when he came up with the two props.