The one and only OFFICIAL vBulletin Upgrade vent thread!!!!

southkogs

Staff member
To many different personalities out there to fix everything to everybodies satisfaction, I learned that a long time ago, as things get better, people will drop by again.
Change is too hard to manage in an organization you have control over ... make a change in a user community and you really can't control it at all. Fortunately for iBoats it happened over here on the not-so-revenue-generating side.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i work for a fortune 100 company, and six of our mission critical systems went down today, all at once. Then they fixed them. then they broke again. Now two more are broke. Been a bad day and we spend MILLIONS (austin powers visual if you please) on IT. Stuff happens, we live.

we migrate our inventory system in three weeks to a new domain.

Stuff happens, we live.

NYBo

Admiral
More than two months down the road and there are still fairly frequent posting errors. I think this is the reason we are seeing lots of duplicate topics being started, especially by brand new members. Mods, would it be helpful to you if we flag the duplicate topics?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
More than two months down the road and there are still fairly frequent posting errors. I think this is the reason we are seeing lots of duplicate topics being started, especially by brand new members. Mods, would it be helpful to you if we flag the duplicate topics?

You are exactly right about the reason for the duplicates. No need to flag them, we are staying on top of them. They don't last very long. Thanks. NYBo.

As far as the posting errors, vBulletin is beta testing a maintenance release that is supposed to address the errors and other issues as well. We are still waiting.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
NYBO - We always miss "stuff". Tough to catch everything all the time. Maybe if a dup is out there for a couple days flag it.

Not trying to step on GA's toes, but if it's obvious we missed it let us know.......

Thanks!

GA_Boater

NYBO - We always miss "stuff". Tough to catch everything all the time. Maybe if a dup is out there for a couple days flag it.

Not trying to step on GA's toes, but if it's obvious we missed it let us know.......

Thanks!

We aren't 100% catching all the dupes. There are some times when they come in bunches, So Yeah, if you see one hanging around, flag it. Hopefully the next VB fix release will fix the database problems so the dupes drop way off.

Fun Times

Staff member
Mods, would it be helpful to you if we flag the duplicate topics?
Thanks NYBo, (Again, without stepping on anyone's toes ^^) while we're doing "pretty good" at keeping up with duplicate topics it's the duplicate posts inside the topics that we could use an extra hand or two on as it difficult to open and read every new topic.;)

HorizonblueDK

Petty Officer 1st Class
I don't get any notifications when someone has posted a reply to a topic where I have posted also. In my user account, there are marks at the settings, that shoud give me e-mails when a reply to a topic is posted. When someone replies to this, I probably don't get a notification either..........

GA_Boater

I don't get any notifications when someone has posted a reply to a topic where I have posted also. In my user account, there are marks at the settings, that shoud give me e-mails when a reply to a topic is posted. When someone replies to this, I probably don't get a notification either..........

You're right - You probably won't get notified for this reply. This is one of the vBullettin issue fixes we're waiting on.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Yup, one of the issues that bugs me the most.

toneeees

Administrator
The auto subscribe that was in previous versions is something that vBulletin has removed from this version. Once we are entirely stable, I will look for modifications that allow the auto subscribe option.

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class
Where did the active subscription list go. I used to see the quick links tab and it was under there now its just a PITA to try and keep up on the threads I was subscribed to. Still haven't been able to get up to date since my little hiatus from the forums.

Chris

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Hey guys, was going to complain about the time it was taking to post as well as having to refresh again, then I noticed the site down for a bit and now the issue is fixed.

Thanks for the hard work.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
nevermind, back to taking 30+ seconds and requiring a refresh

and now getting a database error again.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
QC, its about as consistent as my golf game. sometimes it takes only a second or two to post. other times it appears to take 30+ seconds and I get a database error, then I have to refresh (F5).

QC

Supreme Mariner
I had a stint of it a couple of days ago, but no Errors today at all. Like my golf game too... :facepalm: Come to think of it, I wish an F5 solved my golf game!