Lone Star Medallion II 1966, Oh Scrap!

64osby

Admiral
This is how I did that ^^^^^

So what's different? Might be hard to see but look at the "Post Reply to Lone Star Medalion.......................................... " box in the upper right corn of each pic. It turned from blue for a regular reply to yellow, indicating a Quote in progress. Also at the end of the post title in the yellow box is a number in "(n)". In the top quote pic, the number is (1), (2) in the second and (3) in the third. "(n)" is the number of selected quotes, so ended up with 3 quoted posts. The final step is click on the yellow box and you end up the result like post #118 with the text I added.

The test will be administered in the iboats University Chow Hall, 10AM tomorrow. LOL

The final step is what I was missing. Thank you Sir.:cool:

Will it include how to make pix appear in posts too? :watermelon:

64: Sounds like there may be a flying frying pan in your future, I highly recommend protective head gear....
.... Good luck

Pics? :lol:

Have to find my hard hat, better yet the full face snowmobile helmet. ;)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Will it include how to make pix appear in posts too? :watermelon:

Grading will be using the Bell Curve, otherwise including pic posting will guarantee 100% failure. I fight to put pics in posts. A slight improvement in the last couple of weeks, but never easy like the old days (Pre May 2014)

64osby

Admiral
IMAG06941-1.jpg

Boy I hope I pass.

Did a little scrounging today.

The teak is needing a lot of work. I know Wood has posted on how to save it.

Don't think I be needing all those gauges. Original Starcraft. :D

A Dino Wheel. 2- 4' slides. A Bow cap from an 18 SS, muffs and a double Nikko horn not pictured.

Yesterday they told me how much they wanted for the gauge cluster.

I was surprised when they doubled that number for everything.

Pleasantly surprised. :D

New_Twenty_Dollar_bill.jpg

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
It's a twelve wide. They were keeping my toes warm when I was pilfering. 28F for a high with strong winds today.

Tnstratofam

Commander
That is an awesome score! Lots of goodies for so little greenback. Bottom feeding at its best.:thumb:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Nice haul for not much coin, way to bottom feed :thumb:

On the teak wood, for my swim platform I used hull cleaner, a scrub brush and water to hose it clean. Took all the dirt out of the pores and removed the gray. After drying I rubbed on numerous coats of teak oil until it quit soaking it up and after letting it sit for another week did the oil again.

64osby

Admiral
Have to love bottom feeding. It's almost as good as Santa visits :D

H20 Thanks for the teak tips.

dozerII

Admiral
Great score 64, (hmm that rhymes):facepalm: that many SC goodies up here if I could find them would be at least four times what you paid.

64osby

Admiral
Thanks DII, and no shipping either.;)

As I had said way to many gauges, unless I did something like you did on "In The Red".

But still thinking that would would be over kill for this boat.

The original dash is pretty simple and doesn't have a lot of room.

IMAG04571.jpg

I think the Dino wheel will look nice, probably was a Bayliner Capri piece originally.

The gauges will be boxed up for when the Console on the Mariner gets upgraded.

If the teak can be saved it might be used on the bow and gunwales.

The horn will be used as well as the slides for a bimini.

GA_Boater

The dash is small. It looks like squeezing a tach in would be hard.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
If you removed all that "Carpy Padding" you might find a LOT of additional room!!!!:eek:

GA_Boater

Looks like an ammeter ??? (left side) and gas gauge. You could dump the ammeter and make a new cover for the exposed part of the dash and have room for a tach if the back side is clear..

bear_69cuda

Commander
Cool boat man... Crazy alumiglass hybrid... I like the look of the hull on the water...

I just spent a week for work in Battle Creek. I get sent there from time to time. Tried to get a tour of the Sanitarium now a federal building, no dice, more notice needed... I guess it's incredible inside and tons of history.

64osby

Admiral
Looks like an ammeter ??? (left side) and gas gauge. You could dump the ammeter and make a new cover for the exposed part of the dash and have room for a tach if the back side is clear..

Fuel and a broken temp gauge. It reads 190 all the time.:embarassed: There is a rack system that is glitchy, might get replaced. All else is clear. There is 1/2" ply backing the panel.

Cool boat man... Crazy alumiglass hybrid... I like the look of the hull on the water...

I just spent a week for work in Battle Creek. I get sent there from time to time. Tried to get a tour of the Sanitarium now a federal building, no dice, more notice needed... I guess it's incredible inside and tons of history.

Bear Thanks. Hybrid - AKA - Armor Hell .... oh that's... Hull.

The Admiral says they open the building once a year for tours. Have to look into it.

I spent a few days hunting the AFB in BC this year. I'm about 45 minutes from there.

Next time give a shout (PM) and we could try and meet for some Hops or Barley.

GA_Boater

Running a little warm, but not overheated - Yet. That explains why I thought it was an ammeter. If you toss the sticky rack and go rotary, will probably give you the room. I was thinking a thin AL cover on the dash to give you clean canvas for gauge and switch mounting.

64osby

Admiral
Took a drive this morning and was made an offer I couldn't refuse.

IMAG06981.jpg

Wasn't able to bring it home, needs a set of tires badly.

IMAG07001.jpg

The seller's were very nice people. They told me all about it. New floor and a few other things. The guy hurt his back and really can't work on it anymore. The also have a baby on the way.

As we talked I mentioned the price that I had emailed. They both lit up and stated they just wanted it gone. Before I could say anything they said we would be happy if you gave us a hundred.

Yes that is
fetch

I couldn't shake his hand fast enough.

The trailer is decent, there are a few little extras included.

The best thing is it includes,
IMAG06971.jpg

Did I ever say how much I love donor boats. :triumphant:

dozerII

Admiral
Holy Cow 64, the deals just keep falling into your lap, a Johnny 70 with TnT a decent trailer and an ugly itchy boat for a $100. Even the Admiral can't be mad about that.