Lone Star Medallion II 1966, Oh Scrap!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Drag her home on Monday and sent to her Final Reward on Saturday. What took so long? :D Or did the new boat decide to offer a boat ride to a JD dozer? :eek:

64osby

Admiral
Another unsafe nasty glasser sent to the dump before an unsuspecting new boater took her back to sea.:heh:

I was watching the video and the Admiral came in and said what's that crunching sound. I said that's what's gonna happen to our Stratos if I don't get on the ball.:D
She was not amused! :facepalm:

It sure did make a big fuss. I was surprised how loud it sounded on the video. Almost drowned out the big diesel dozer. :D

Drag her home on Monday and sent to her Final Reward on Saturday. What took so long? :D Or did the new boat decide to offer a boat ride to a JD dozer? :eek:

Had great weather the last few days. Had to take full advantage. That and getting the trash out of the yard keeps the Admiral happier.

:spy:psssst! Hey Glasser, Yeah you. Wanna go for ride... ...Yeah, sure, everything will be just fine. Just relax and enjoy.:spy:

This concludes operation itchy donor. :madgrin:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Once again the homestead is safe. Homeland Security at work!

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
You certainly made quick work out of that glass. From the looks of the video I would have to say the dozer operater is a tinner cause it sure looks like he was enjoying crushing that boat.

64osby

Admiral
Once again the homestead is safe. Homeland Security at work!

You certainly made quick work out of that glass. From the looks of the video I would have to say the dozer operater is a tinner cause it sure looks like he was enjoying crushing that boat.

Not quite "24" but a good turn around. :D

The Dozer operator did make really fast work of it. I thought I heard him yell "Freedom" on his first pass.:watermelon:

64osby

Admiral
Quite the blow out Bowl game on and it's in the 20's so I decided to take a look at the horn that I picked up from the salvage yard.

I tested it and it works but it wasn't very loud. Maybe loud enough to warn a canoe I'm headed their way.

Decided to pull it a part and found this.

IMAG07281.jpg

IMAG07291.jpg

Cleaned it up and put it back together.
IMAG07301.jpg

Still need to make the wiring look better but now the horn is 10 times louder. Loud enough to scare the dog.:biggrin1:

IMAG07331.jpg

Pretty sure I should do this on my boat that floats.:eek:

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Isn't it amazing that the critters just don't block off the entrance to something but rather have to get clean back to the insides of things and start blocking them off from there. The mud wasp do plenty of that here.

64osby

Admiral
The weather outside is frightful and outside boat building is not delightful.:blue:

Been contemplating seating layout and decided that back to back seats was not in the mix. Going to go with 2 pedestals and some type of bench in front of the splash well.

Found what I think is a great deal on xbay.

Two of these for $50 delivered.

IMAG07431.jpg

They are Tempress cushions without the shell. With the shell is $$$$$.$$

The aluminum brackets are left overs from old bleacher seats so they will have the correct back pitch.

Have to make some vinyl covered ply panels to create a good fit and finish between the plastic on the seats and the bracket.

Next will be to find a good deal on some height adjustable swivel bases, maybe with a slide.

jbcurt00

Staff member
The Springfield Marine scratch and dent site often has pedestals w/ swivel slide seat bases, but I didn't see any bargains just now.
$50 delivered for those seats is a good deal though...

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Just make sure you get the pedestals with the correct rating when looking for a deal. ABYC helm/driver rated AD. Would hate to see a pic of you on the deck watching geese flying over. :lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Just make sure you get the pedestals with the correct rating when looking for a deal. ABYC helm/driver rated AD. Would hate to see a pic of you on the deck watching geese flying over. :lol:
Absolutely ^^^

Springfield does rate their posts

64osby

Admiral
Thanks guys. Seating on a budget.:happy:

I've been looking on xbay at pedestals. I don't think I've seen a rating listed on any of them.

There was a set of used Springfield that just after the seller responded they were AD they were sold to someone else. That's life and there is many things to do before pedestals.:)

jbcurt00

Staff member
The scratch and dent site didnt list the ratings either, i had to cross reference them to the full regular site.

home-boy

Banned
I missed the part about your engine for this boat. Do you have one already?

If not I have a fabulous retro Chrysler that looks like the one in the brochure.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Take a look back homeboy. OBs covered.

Not sure a Chryslers worth the drive from Michigan anyway.

64osby

Admiral
I missed the part about your engine for this boat. Do you have one already?

If not I have a fabulous retro Chrysler that looks like the one in the brochure.

Thanks for the offer h-b. If you go back a few pages you'll catch the $100 donor boat w/ running 70 Johnson.

Take a look back homeboy. OBs covered.

Not sure a Chryslers worth the drive from Michigan anyway.

If it was being brought back to original, maybe. Then again NOPE! ;) I'm a JohnnyRude fan.

Mine runs :) and is 120 hp :happy:

The hulls max hp is 110. Pretty sure my motor will use about half the gas of that big ole box.:D