You Might Laugh at This...

dogsdad

Lieutenant
My sister and brother-in-law were givin a "present" by one of his friends several years back---an old Ford pickup that had no title. It sat in back of their shed until recently when a migrant laborer expressed an interest in it. They told him if he would take the thing away, he could have it. He agreed to come and get it the following weekend.<br /><br />He never showed up Saturday. By Sunday evening, the pickup was still sitting there. Finally, around 10 PM the doorbell rang, and my bro-in-law got out of bed to see what was up. It was the man who wanted the pickup.<br /><br />So, my bro-in-law goes out back with these guys, and they decide they need a flashlight. He comes into the house and asks my sis, who's in bed, "where's the flashlight?"<br /><br />"In the utility room, where it always is."<br /><br />"OK."<br /><br />Ten minutes later, he comes back into the bedroom. "Where's the bug spray?" The truck had sat so long it was full of spiders and other vermin.<br /><br />"It's with all the garden stuff out in the garage."<br /><br />"OK."<br /><br />Ten minutes later, he comes back into the bedroom. "Where's the fire extinguisher?" <br /><br />It seems that there was a lot of debris under the hood that the guys didn't bother to remove before starting the engine. The air cleaner was missing and it backfired and ignited the debris.<br /><br />The fire was not serious, and they got the old pickup out of there successfully.<br /><br />Well, I guess they told the story a little better than I did...<br /><br /><br /> :) <br /><br /><br />-dd-

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: You Might Laugh at This...

I am glad that the old truck will be doing someone some good. We recenly gave an old 4Runner away. It was odd, the day my wife got her Land Cruiser this guy rolls up in a heap and asks about the old 4Runner. I started it up and showed him all the spare parts that were inside the truck (basically a whole nother truck dissasembled in the back). He wanted it so I gave it to him. I hope it is a blessing to him.