You might be a redneck if.......

LadyFish

Admiral
If you have ever been shooting squirrels in your sister’s front yard and fell out of a lawn chair and shot yourself!!!<br /><br /><br />December 12, 2004 11:53 PM<br />Man hurt in Grimes shooting accident<br /><br />By BRETT NAUMAN<br />Eagle Staff Writer<br /><br />A Pasadena man was recovering Sunday from a gunshot wound to the leg after accidentally shooting himself at a home just outside Bedias in Grimes County, authorities said.<br /><br />Jerry Lee Casey Jr., 49, was shooting squirrels in his sister’s front yard Saturday when he fell out of a lawn chair and shot himself with his .22-caliber rifle, Grimes County Deputy Martha Ramirez said.<br /><br />Casey, who was treated at Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston and released, was on medication and had consumed five beers before shooting himself, Ramirez said. The bullet lodged behind his left kneecap.<br /><br />“ [Alcohol] probably played a big part” in the accidental shooting, Ramirez said. “When he got up to get out of the chair, he said he fell to the right and his hand hit the trigger.”<br /><br />A Grimes County ordinance prohibits the use of firearms on tracts of land less than 10 acres, but Casey was not issued a citation for the Class C misdemeanor, Ramirez said.<br /><br />Grimes County Sheriff Don Sowell said the incident highlights the importance of firearms safety. Alcohol should never be consumed when guns are being used, Sowell said.<br /><br />“ Drinking and hunting is about as stupid and dangerous as drinking and driving,” Sowell said. “You don’t have all your faculties. I’ve never seen alcohol and weapons mix. It distorts your common sense.” :rolleyes: <br /><br /> <br /> The rest of the story

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: You might be a redneck if.......

11.gif
<br />YeeeHaw

ehenry

Commander

Might be a redneck if you get your hair done at "Judy's Curlup & Dye Beauty Boutique" ! !<br /><br />OR you get your holistic healing at he "Herbal Healing Academy" in Moutain View, Arkansas. The place actually has a picture of a Cannabis plant on its sign out front.

KaGee

Admiral

“ [Alcohol] probably played a big part”<br /><br />Gee, ya think?? LOL :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

One year I noticed one of my tax clients was walking with a newly acquired limp. I only saw the guy once a year anyway. He was a bit embarassed, but not so much that he wouldn't tell how he accidently shot himself. In the butt.<br /><br />He has a .38 revolver that he carries in the car, and he likes to put it in the golf bag in case, I don't know, trouble breaks out on the course? Guess he plays on public courses maybe? Anyway after a round of golf he gets home, lifts the bag out of the trunk, his hat falls off. He bends over to pick it up, the piece falls out of the bag, discharges a round right through his buttocks!<br /><br />I believe alcohol very likely played a part in that one also.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> “ [Alcohol] probably played a big part”<br /><br />Gee, ya think?? LOL :D
Yeah, but it wasn't his alcohol that did it. It was the alcohol his mother drank while she was pregnant that is the real culprit here. :D

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

You might be if you use a 12 gauge to prune branches out of a tree.<br />After a storm I was helping clean up at my uncles place. We saw a broken branch that was hanging over the path that was to high for me to climb, he said no problem I just shoot them off.<br />It took 3 shots & down it came.<br />No alcohol involved.

gonfishn

Commander

Ladyfish thats actually spelled "skurell" in our official language..Also known as a "tree rat" :D

NOSLEEP

Commander

Sounds like it was the skurell's fault to me.