You know you're in California when...

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
1. Your co-worker has 8 body piercing's and none are visible. <br /> <br />2. You make over $300,000 a year and still can't afford a house. <br /> <br />3. You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English. <br /> <br />4. Your child's 3rd-grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is named "Flower". <br /> <br />5. You can't remember . . . . is pot illegal? <br /> <br />6. You've been to a baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor. <br /> <br />7. You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown, and you can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian. <br /> <br />8. You can't remember . . . is pot illegal? <br /> <br />9. A really great parking space can totally move you to tears. <br /> <br />10. Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S. <br /> <br />11. Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney really IS George Clooney. <br /> <br />12. Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment. <br /> <br />13. You can't remember . . . .is pot illegal? <br /> <br />14. It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH." <br /> <br />15. You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all busy with their cell phones or pagers. <br /> <br />16. It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents. <br /> <br />17. HEY!!!! Is pot illegal???? <br /> <br />18. Both you AND your dog have therapists. <br /> <br />19. The Terminator is your governor. <br /> <br />20. If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: You know you're in California when...

I think pot is illegal yet...

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

LOL Bassy. Good stuff.<br /><br />BTW, IS pot illegal in CA? :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by The Professor:<br /> LOL Bassy. Good stuff.<br /><br />BTW, IS pot illegal in CA? :p
Yea, when did that happen? :p

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by The Professor:<br /> BTW, IS pot illegal in CA? :p
Sheeesh, I hope so. ;) :D <br />Remember now, it wasn't the peace pipe that hurt the Indians it was that damn "Firewater"

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

21. Your supervisor at the place you have worked for 25 years, has only been there for only 3 years and has to ask you how to do it's job, thru an interpreter.<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

22. They charge you 17 cents for your shopping bag, with no refund.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> 22. They charge you 17 cents for your shopping bag, with no refund.
Hey I heard they're actually trying that in S.F. I hope it fails.<br />Bassy

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Bassy:<br />
Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> 22. They charge you 17 cents for your shopping bag, with no refund.
Plus, they are planning on giving reusable shopping bags to the POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR, to offset the regressiveness of the "tax" er ah they meant environmental fee.<br /><br />Come on Bassy, get with it. You should know about this, they are your neighbors. :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

That state cracks me up with their stupid taxes on all this different stuff.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />
Plus, they are planning on giving reusable shopping bags to the POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR, to offset the regressiveness of the "tax" er ah they meant environmental fee.<br /><br />Come on Bassy, get with it. You should know about this, they are your neighbors. :p
I heard they were thinking about it and I laughed at it. Now its real! Oh My! I'll bring my own freaking bag. How about my wheelbarrow? Will that work? :mad:

SpinnerBait_Nut

That's why I take a truck with me, although we don't have to pay for bags as of yet.

NYMINUTE

Captain

071.gif
<br /><br />Indiana is off the hook!!!!

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> [Indiana is off the hook!!!!
Maybe the state... but not Ft. Wayne!<br /><br /> :D :D

Twidget

Commander

20. If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one.
This would be really funny, if it werent so true.

Twidget

Commander

In Eurorpe, they pay for their bags, just look at how great it is in Europe. *duck and run* :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I heard they were thinking about it and I laughed at it. Now its real! Oh My! I'll bring my own freaking bag. How about my wheelbarrow? Will that work? :mad: [/QB][/quote]<br /><br />No, Bassy, I think are still just debating it. I don't think it has been enacted yet. Just pullin your leg.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> [Indiana is off the hook!!!!
Maybe the state... but not Ft. Wayne!<br /><br /> :D :D
1261.gif
<br /><br /> What was I thinking?????? But at least we are finally #1 at something!