You know you're a dog person when...

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
I am totally guilty of some of these and if my dogs were inside dogs I would be quilty of all of these. :confused: :D <br />Bassy<br /><br />You know you're a dog person When.........<br />* You have a kiddie wading pool in the yard, but no small children. <br />* You have baby gates permanently installed at strategic places around the house, but no babies. <br /> * You can't see out the passenger side of the windshield because there are nose-prints all over the inside. <br />* Poop has become a source of conversation for you and your significant other. <br />* You refer to yourselves as Mommy and Daddy.<br /> * Your dog sleeps with you. <br />* You have 32 different names for your dog. Most make no sense, but she understands. (Not all clean either)<br />* You have little songs that you sing to your dog, and she always wags when you sing, even though you can't carry a tune. <br />* Your dog eats cat poop, but you still let her kiss you (but not immediately afterward, of course). <br />* You like people who like your dog. You despise people who don't.<br /> * You carry dog biscuits in your purse or pocket at all times. <br />* You talk about your dog the way other people talk about their kid. <br />* You sign and send birthday/anniversary/Christmas cards from your dog. <br />* You'd rather stay home on Saturday night and cuddle your dog than go to the movies with your sweetie. <br />* You go to the pet supply store every Saturday because it's one of the very few places that lets you bring your dog inside, and your dog loves to go with you. <br />* You get an extra-long hose on your shower-massage just so you can use it to wash your dog in the tub, without making the dog sit hip-deep in water. <br />* You don't think it's the least bit strange to stand in the back yard chirping "Meg, pee!" over and over again, while Meg tends to play and forget what she's out there for (but what your neighbors think of your behavior is yet another story).<br /> * You and the dog come down with something like flu on the same day. Your dog sees the vet while you settle for an over-the-counter remedy from the drugstore. <br />* Your dog is getting old and arthritic, so you go buy lumber and build her a small staircase so she can climb onto the bed by herself. <br />* Your license plate or license plate frame mentions your dog.<br /> * You have your dog's picture on your office desk (but no one else's). <br />* You lecture people on responsible dog ownership every chance you get. <br />* You skip breakfast so you can walk your dog in the morning before work. <br />* You are the only idiot out walking in the pouring rain, but your dog needs her walk. <br />* You don't go to happy hours with co-workers any more because you need to go home and see your dog. <br />* Your parents refer to your pet as their granddog, remember her birthday, and send her greeting cards and gifts. <br />* Your weekend activities are planned around taking your dog for a hike (both days). <br />* You keep an extra water dish in your second-floor bedroom, in case your dog gets thirsty at night (after all, her other dish is way down on the first floor...). <br />* Your freezer contains more dog bones than anything else. <br />* You never completely finish a piece of steak or chicken (so your dog gets a taste, too). <br />* You shovel a zig-zag path in the back yard snow so your dog can reach all her favorite spots. * You avoid vacuuming the house as long as possible because your dog is afraid of the vacuum cleaner. <br />* You keep eating even after finding a dog hair in your pasta. <br />* You make popcorn just to play catch with your dog. <br />* You carry pictures of your dog in your wallet instead of pictures of your parents, siblings, significant other, or anyone else remotely human.

Trent

Captain
Re: You know you're a dog person when...

Thats funny... Im a dog person for shure but I dont think I would go as far as some of the above! :rolleyes:

achris

More fish than mountain goat

If you say "Yes" to any of the above, you should seek professional help. I am a dog person, that is, I like dogs, but I don't 'love' dogs. Have a look at a film called "The truth about cats and dogs". She has some interesting things to say on exactly this subject.<br /><br />Chris.......................

eeboater

Commander

Wow... I qualify for about 95% of that list.<br /><br />Scary.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I glad every thing you listed is "normal" stuff....I'd hate to think I'm spending too much time and energy on my kids.....er....a....I mean dogs.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Like achris, I like dog but I don't "love" them until I would do such things as mention above. I something call them every names under sun but do not let them sleep in bed with me. In fact the dogs are outside dogs (They sleep outside the house in their own kennel).

D

DJ

Just returned from vacation. Hired two very trustworthy teenage girls (friends of my sons) to house/dog sit.<br /><br />The dog "Charbaby" (black lab) was just fine, pampered as usual. The house was absolutely spotless.<br /><br />I should go away more often! :D

SoulWinner

Commander

Yep, I am guilty of all but one or two. I love my dogs. If people were only half as decent hearted as my puppies, I might spend more time with the human race. As it is, I prefer the companionship of my special little girl, Precious. She is my special girl, as beautiful as can be, and I love her like she is my daughter. Ms SW feels the same about Mr Bigglesworth. Any dog owners who don't fit the list above are guilty of neglect, and possibly child endangerment. There should be Social Services for dogs.