You Know You Belong to a Redneck Church if...

aspeck

Staff member
... the finance committee refuses to provide funds for the purchase of a chandelier because none of the members knows how to play one.<br /><br /> ... people ask, when they learn that Jesus fed the 5000, whether the two fish were bass or catfish, and what bait was used to catch 'em.<br /><br /> ... when the pastor says, "I'd like to ask Bubba to help take up the offering," five guys and two women stand up.<br /><br /> ... opening day of deer season is recognized as an official church holiday.<br /><br /> ... a member of the church requests to be buried in his 4-wheel-drive truck because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."<br /><br /> ... the choir is known as the "OK Chorale".<br /><br /> ... in a congregation of 500 members, there are only seven last names in the church directory.<br /><br /> ... Baptism is referred to as "branding".<br /><br /> ... high notes on the organ set the dogs on the floor to howling.<br /><br /> ... people think 'rapture' is what you get when you lift something too heavy.<br /><br /> ... the baptismal pool is a #2 galvanized washtub.<br /><br /> ... the choir robes were donated by and embroidered with the logo from Billy Bob's Barbecue.<br /><br /> ... the collection plates are really hub caps from a '56 Chevy.<br /><br /> ... instead of a bell, you are called to service by a duck call.<br /><br /> ... the minister and his wife drive matching pickup trucks.<br /><br /> ... the communion wine is Boone's Farm "Tickled Pink".<br /><br /> ... "Thou shalt not covet" applies to huntin' dogs, too.<br /><br /> ... the final words of the benediction are, "Y'all come back now, Ya heah"<br /><br /> God Bless and don't fergit ta say yer prayers!!!

iboater

Seaman Apprentice
Re: You Know You Belong to a Redneck Church if...

That was one of the funniest things I've seen on this forum.<br />Thanks Aspeck<br />YEE HAW :D :p :D :p

D

DJ

I think "redneck" and church are somewhat synonymous, in this forum. :(

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey!!!! I resemble that. :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Ya meens thars another kind'a church??? :eek: ;) :D :D

D

DJ

Many comes to DC, to get-"Schooled". :D

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> Many comes to DC, to get-"Schooled". :D
redneck_school_crossing.jpg
<br /> :D

D

DJ

Dooooh!<br /><br />"Som'in" those two geniuses didn't have much of.<br /><br /><br />Fine products of Government Education. Or, Gubment edercaton.

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

that was to funny!! :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

Reverand!<br /><br /> :D

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer

ASPECK, like I wrote to HOLDIMHOOK, I think Jeff Foxworthy could use this material.