"You didn't say the magic word"

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Until yesterday I was all about FEMA was a great organization yada yada yada. I feel so disillusioned. I feel a totally smart-a55 comment coming on...don't think I can suppress it:<br /><br />"Sure, I know people are dying 6 blocks from here for want of all this water & ice & food & emergency supplies I got here, but I will not get in my truck and bring it over there until my boss tells me to, and he won't tell me to until the right person asks him nicely."

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: "You didn't say the magic word"

yep<br /> without the proper forms ya cant get ammo in the military either. gotta have forms or the REMF's wont send anything. other than forms with mistakes they return.<br /> a shineing example of git-er-done.<br /> we had a casualty on mt 21, fwd CIWS mount. also had a sanp-II problem. that was the latest greatest software for the paperless navies parts ordering system. it kept back flipping<br /> after 24hours the capt showed up in person asking why mt 21 was a gun system no go. we told him supply would not release the part until the correct puter generated information was generated.<br /> lo and behold the part was hand delivered by supply in less than ten minutes.<br /> he made one phone call.<br /> paper work was done later.<br /> was a very polite yet firm phone call and the disbursing officer was the deliveryman.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

FEMA= Failure to Effectively Manage Anything

crab bait

Captain

my biggest gripe was ,, i knew-iknew that any minute SOMEBODY was gonna drop sack-o-water-crackers-asprin on the areas hospitals an nurse home.. <br /><br />i knew THAT was gonna happen.. cause this is america..