You aren't going to believe this........

LadyFish

Admiral
This guy has a website where he is collecting money from people who send money to him via PAYPAL to save the rabbit he has or he will kill the rabbit and eat it. People have actually sent in money so far...$16,000+. I can't believe people are this stupid.<br /><br />This is a scam! I hope this guy is arrested. Shouldn't this be illegal? What do you think?<br /><br /> Save Toby

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: You aren't going to believe this........

A fool and his money are soon parted. 16,000 fools and counting... If stupidity was illegal, the ones going to jail would be the ones sending their money. I don't think he's doing anything illegal or even unethical. I seriously doubt he ever had any hope of getting more than a few idiots to do it when he started this really tongue-in-cheek (okay, I'll say it) scam. But hey, Ride the Wave! Wanna save my goldfish??? It's Lent, Friday is coming, and I'm poor. :D

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

It's morons like him that give PETA traction.

gaugeguy

Captain

You're right, I don't believe it. The rabbit should be confiscated by the SPCA and given a good home. I'm all into eating wild critters, but I draw the line at chowing on housepets.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

why dont I ever come up with good ideas like that. save toby and buy wads of duct tape.

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

That reminds me of an old National Lampoon cover where they held a gun to a dogs head with the caption-<br />"IF YOU DON'T BUY THIS MAGAZINE WE'LL KILL THIS DOG"<br />Fools/money-That's it.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Let the rabbit have it, I'm keeping my money.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

ROFL... <br /><br />what a riot.. what an enterprise!

oddjob

Commander

I'm sorry folks....but he did a nice job on the web site :) ....and those recipes are cool too.....he made a very convincing case what with vet bills and all :rolleyes: ....I simply had to make a 5$ donation ( he said he would let me eat toby)...sorry........now which recipe to use... :confused: .

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Ed:<br /> That reminds me of an old National Lampoon cover where they held a gun to a dogs head with the caption-<br />"IF YOU DON'T BUY THIS MAGAZINE WE'LL KILL THIS DOG"<br />Fools/money-That's it.
yeah and remember "Larry the Lobster" from Saturday Night Live? Eddie Murphy brought out a live lobster; they showed two 900-numbers, one to vote live, one to vote die. They cooked Larry before the show was over.<br /><br />genius.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

If he asks me...I have an awesome recipe for rabbit.....it will make your tounge beat you 1/2 to death lickin it off if you get any outside your mouth.

Xcusme

Commander

Now this IS a real bummer!<br /><br />I went to make a donation....and got this reply from PayPal<br /><br />"Error Detected<br />This recipient is currently unable to receive money."<br /><br />I guess Toby is doomed.....oh well, it's not for want of trying I guess.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe he could donate Toby to a Chinese restaurant. Er...no, wait...Toby's not a cat, is he? :eek:

Fly Rod

Commander

;)Why didn't "YOU" or "I" think of that gimmick?????<br /><br />There are brain dead people out there!!!! ;) :cool:

NathanY

Commander

Sorry guys, but this can not be real. I mean look at the photo gallery, the first pic is of a baby cottontail, the rest of the pics are not. He is not even using the same rabbit. Cottontail rabbits do not grow up and turn tan. What a SCAM. What a SCUMBAG.

bubbakat

Captain

Dang genuis if you ask me. :D <br />He is living off of the idots in this world.<br /><br />There is a sucker born every day and so far he has found 16000 and some few odds of them.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

This guy is my hero!<br /><br />My first kill was a rabbit.<br /><br />Who is wrong here, people who took wild animals and tamed them into pets, or people who eat wild animals?<br /><br />Ken

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by Xcusme:<br /> Now this IS a real bummer!<br /><br />I went to make a donation....and got this reply from PayPal<br /><br />"Error Detected<br />This recipient is currently unable to receive money."<br /><br />I guess Toby is doomed.....oh well, it's not for want of trying I guess.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!<br />Poor Toby! :( :D

brother chris

Commander

Ladyfish....where did you find this? <br />You must have been really really bored! <br />Just surfing the net for rabbits to save, were ya?