You are 100% Mississippian if. . .

ehenry

Commander
1. You can properly pronounce Neshoba, Chata, Nanih Waiya, Shuqualak, DeKalb, Kosciusko, Decatur, Yazoo, Pascagoula, Picayune, Noxapater, Toomsuba and Scooba.<br /><br />2. You think people who complain about the wind in their states are sissies.<br /><br />3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel.<br /><br />4. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.<br /><br />5. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.<br /><br />6. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.<br /><br />7. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.<br /><br />8. You've seen people wear bib overalls at funerals.<br /><br />9. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.<br /><br />10. You measure distance in minutes.<br /><br />11. It doesn't bother you to use an airport named for a man who died in an airplane crash.<br /><br />12. Little Smokies are something you serve only for special occasions.<br /><br />13. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.<br /><br />14. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.<br /><br />15. You know cowpies are not made of beef.<br /><br />16. Someone you know has used a football or hunting season schedule to plan their wedding date.<br /><br />17. You have known someone who has a belt buckle bigger than your fist.<br /><br />18. A bad traffic jam involves two cars staring each other down at a four-way stop, each determined to be the most polite and let the other go first.<br /><br />19. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait all in the same store.<br /><br />20. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.<br /><br />21. A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado Extended Bed, Crew Cab is.<br /><br />22. You know everything goes better with 'Ranch'.<br /><br />23. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.<br /><br />24. You actually get these jokes and are "fixin' " to send them to your friends.<br /><br />Finally, you are 100% Mississippian if you have ever heard or had this<br />conversation:<br /><br />"You wanna coke?"<br />"Yeah."<br />"What kind?"<br />"Dr. Pepper."

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: You are 100% Mississippian if. . .

I thought that was a Texan, no Alabama, wait, West Va. It was Kentucky, or was it Tennessee. Yah it was Arkansas. That's the ticket. Arkansas.<br />What do I know, I'm a Hoosier?

LadyFish

Admiral

Actually, when I was driving through Mississippi last year I stoppped at a rest area. Always on the wary side when traveling alone, I watch my surroundings real good. <br /><br />Well, I spotted this pickup truck rolling by real slow. I kept watching him then he stopped to get my attention. He said "Do you lock your Sequioa?". I said, yes Sir I do, everytime I get in and out of it. He said "NO, do you LOCK it?". I repeated myself......"Yes Sir, everytime I get in and out of it." I looked at him as if he was nuts and he said "I see your Texas plates and wondered how you do on gas mileage."<br /><br />So, I guess you know your 100% Mississipian if your say "lock" instead of "like". :D

D

DJ

You "carry" your car/truck in for repair.

SoulWinner

Commander

Dang near all of those apply to me and my little town. And that's the way we like it! errr...I mean "lock" it!