yo Bondo, hows the house lift coming?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: yo Bondo, hows the house lift coming?

Well,........ I've Started,.............. :D <br /><br />The County was dragging their feet All summer,.. I Just closed on the place 2 weeks ago,.....<br /><br />Yesterday, a couple of Guys from My regular Crew started Reroofing the place,... Got it just shy of 1/2 covered,.... Using 90lb. paper,.. just need a couple years out of it,... After it's Up in the air,.. I'll Steel Roof it......<br /><br />Today they got rained out,.. So I started mixing,+ pouring the concrete for the Jacking Footers,.... Myself, Deb,+ the 2 kids mixed,+ poured about 2500lbs of concrete by tonight.........<br />Lot's of Rotten Wood,.....But no real surprizes.....<br /><br />I got a Bunch of Hyd. rams from a Bud up in Clayton,... They're off an old carhauler trailer,... Loonnngggg Reach,.... Some of them will go 4',.. some 3'..... That's a heck of alot better than 6"s per shot with a Hyd. Pump Jack...... A Lot less Blocking too......<br /><br />I've got about 12/14 tons of Steel for the new foundation Too,......<br />It's going to be Mostly 16" I-beam, with 12" I-beam cross members,..... That'll leave 4"s for the Pans,+ Concrete Floor.....<br />I've pulled out alittle over 100' of 14" I-beam to use for the Lifting Frame,......<br /><br />Ayuh,........ I'm pecking away at it,.... 2 full days a week,+ Maybe an evening once and awhile,........<br />Trouble Is,......... There's No Time Left for Fishin', Huntin',+ Boatin',............ :rolleyes:

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: yo Bondo, hows the house lift coming?

Hay Bondo,<br /> I think we need a "Bondo's Big Lift Cam", ya know, so we can keep up with the progress.