YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN

KaGee

Admiral
YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN <br />EDIT:Author Unknown <br /><br />I Am Your Worst Nightmare. I am a BAD American. <br /><br />I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid level governmental functionary be it Democratic or Republican! <br /><br />I'm in touch with my feelings and I like it that way, damn it! <br />I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American. <br /><br />I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything. <br /><br />I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, try to do it in English. <br /><br />I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July. <br /><br /><br />I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster. In fact, if your parents are footing the bill to put your pansy *** through 4 years plus of college, you haven't begun to be enlightened. <br /><br />I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God when and where they want to. <br /><br />My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever canceled Jerry Springer. <br /><br />I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. <br /><br />I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it. <br /><br />I think global warming is a big lie. Where are all those experts now, when I'm freezing my *** off during these long winters and paying, paying, paying? <br /><br />I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I didn't wander forty years In the desert after getting chased out of Egypt. I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So, shut-the-Hell-up already. <br /><br />I want to know which church is it exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson practices, where he gets his money, and why he is always part of the problem and not the solution. Can I get an AMEN on that one? <br /><br />I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry *** if you're running from them. <br /><br />I also think they have the right to pull your *** over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are. <br /><br />And, no, I don't mind having my face shown on my drivers license. I think it's good.....and I'm proud that "God" is written on my money. I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years. <br /><br />I dislike those people standing in the intersections trying to sell me crap or trying to guilt me into making "donations" to their cause. These people should be targets. <br /><br />I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents. <br /><br />And what the hell is going on with gas prices... again? <br /><br />If this makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American. <br /><br />
14_3_6.gif

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN

Sounds like my kinda guy for sure.<br />'nuff said.

JB

Oh, shame on you, KG! :eek: <br /><br />You naughty conservative, you.

Ralph 123

Captain

That's not Carlin. Anybody who's ever really heard him wax philosophical on politics knows he'd disagree with 90% of it. As soon as I read this I knew he would not have been the author so I googled it:<br /><br /> http://www.snopes.com/language/document/carlin.htm <br /><br />
<br />Just <br />about any unsourced list of witty observations about our politics and social mores gets credited to humorist George Carlin these days, even when it doesn't really sound like anything he would write. Carlin may sometimes use the format of stringing together a few dozen pithy comments about a wide variety of topical subjects, but the tone of his humor is nothing like this reactionary piece. If any doubt remained, Carlin himself swept it away by announcing on his web site that he is not the author of the article. <br /><br />If not Carlin, then who did write it? This piece has also been credited to a number of decidedly conservative, outspoken media figures, such as rock star Ted Nugent, talk radio host Rush Limbaugh, and actor-comedian Denis Leary, but the even if the article may seem to echo the political opinions of these men, it doesn't quite match any of them, nor does the language used sound quite right for any of these figures. (Leary, like Carlin, has been credited with creating some other Internet favorites, such as a vituperative discourse on e-mail chain letters and the "Are You Man Enough?" essay. <br /><br />This essay appeared in the FreeRepublic.com on-line forum back in September 2000 under the title "I Am a Bad Republican" (picking up title changes and additions since then as it was forwarded around the Internet), and the person who posted it there has taken credit for it in a recent message in that same forum. <br /><br />

SpinnerBait_Nut

So, still sounds good to me.<br />Also, "If your born with a silver spoon in your mouth don't make you better than anyone else, so quit acting like you are"

Ralph 123

Captain

Sounds good to me too that's why I'd hate to see the radical lefty Carlin get credit :) <br /><br />Somebody might run out and buy one of his Cds or DVDs and be very disappointed. He's a great narrator for Thomas the Tank Engine though...

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Couldn't be Carlin... but maybe Dennis Leary. Or maybe Dennis Miller. Probably "none of the above" though.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Twidget

Commander

Definitely not Carlin. I enjoy a lot of his humor, but he would choke on most of that. :)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> he would choke on most of that. :)
That's why I don't pay any attention to him anymore. He was funny once, now he's just an angry old fart, and I like old farts; the people, not the left-over farts that Carlin once talked about "some farts are forever lost in foam cushions" . . . :D

KaGee

Admiral

I edited the post to reflect author unknown. I can't take credit for it other than to post it here.<br /><br />Grant S:<br /><br />If this is "Redneck crap", than I'll be glad to wear the REDNECK label.

JB

I don't care who originated it. I take it as KG's sentiments.<br /><br />Not that I agree with all of it, though. I probably agree with part of everybody's sentiments.<br /><br />I definitely disagree with Grant's rude comment. The terms "redneck" and "gentleman" are not mutually exclusive, but bad manners can come from anywhere.

Twidget

Commander

Very well put JB. Being more or less a city boy that visits the country, I never thought of myself as a redneck...guess I should rethink my moniker. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Grant S. doesn't have a clue.<br />Redneck here, 100%.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

If this is what makes a bad American, then I'm a bad American. But I am an American, and proud of it.<br /><br />I don't think I could put it any better than JB did. Man is he wise, and almost always eloquent.<br /><br />I'm glad you guys finally clarified where the reference to Carlin came from, because KG didn't.

Grant S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I probably dont have a clue, I live in a country where we dont need guns to protect ourselves, so I dont know about that.<br /><br />Face the fact that large numbers of your population speak Spanish as their first language.<br />I do know that.<br /><br />If the cops are allowed to shoot people that are running from them, what are judges for?-the survivors?<br /><br />I apologise for causing offence by my 'crap' remark. Some, not all, of the things in that post offended me, that is what I reacted to.<br /><br />JB, I respect your balanced reply.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

There's nothing offensive in there to me...I must be a BAD KIWI :D

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years.<br />
That would be China, yes?

PW2

Commander

Sounds to me like that is more of a paranoid, angry American.<br /><br />If that is really stuff that is of primary concern with "red" state America, I'm really glad I live in the one of the more compassionate and civilized "blue" states.<br /><br />I don't understand how you can live like that drivel imples, or want to.

Ralph 123

Captain

"Judges are for the survivors"<br /><br />Sounds like a bumper sticker I'd buy or maybe it would make an even better security yard sign :)