year & hp of my B100?

Rotti

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi Guys,<br />I cant find a good source on the net for information about Honda outboard serialnumbers... I need to know how much horsepower my motor has: I own a blue & white B100L on which the hood has been changed or altered- as you may know over here in Germany we can only use up to 5hp outboards without a captains-license! So now Id like to know wether the previous owner has only removed the digit "7" in front of the "5" just to fool the waterpolice or if hes got himself this cowl from a completly different motor? he sold me this one as a 10hp.... The serial number is:<br />B100L <br />1707802<br /><br />Any help would be appreciated!!<br /><br />greetings,<br />Rotti

mcmurray101

Cadet
Re: year & hp of my B100?

I don't believe that the 1st 7 belongs in your serial number. I also believe it should be a Zero.<br />I also have a blue and white Honda B100. It's serial number 1009101 is dated 1978. (says Honda Canada).

Alaskantech

Seaman Apprentice

Rotti,<br />looks like a 10 horse to me with those numbers, how did you ever end up with the lower unit on that 35 horse? I just took a 30 in on trade, but it has a smaller lower leg than your 35...

45_red

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Are you getting a # off the power head itself? if not it could have been changed to a 7.5.

Rotti

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi folks,<br /><br />thanks for all your answers! Try to respond to a couple of your questions:<br />- Ive sold the 35 Honda 4-stroke due to the inter-galatical prices (astronomical doesnt quite match this!!!) of Honda spareparts... The complete ready to bolt on lower-unit from Honda sells for 1650,-EUR over here, thats a good 2000,-US, add another 1000,-US and youll get a complete good used one even over here.... and might save you a lot of headaches too!<br />- I now have a 16" fishing boat witha nice V-bottom and a huge 6-cyl mercury outboard at its stern... due to the expected fuel consumption of this "tower of power" and its unability to run on low rpm for longer periods of time (it´s an 83 and it uses premix) I want to use my B100L as auxilary engine or "kicker" like you guys name it...<br />- Ill look for a number on the powerhead directly- where should I look exactly?<br />- Isnt there a site where all Honda serials are listed online?<br />- Does anyone know about a remote control kit for this motor? Or is it possible to use something else for being able to shift and throttle it from the helm? I don´t want to use it for steering because Ill leave the big one in the water in neutral and use it as a rudder....<br />- has this motor been sold with electric start also?<br /><br />Lots of questions, I know, but nobody knows about all this over here in my region.... Dont be pissed because I don´t answer right away since I dont have the chance to go online very often!!!<br /><br />greetings,<br />Rotti

baeamy

Cadet

Hi, I was faced with the same problem to one of your questions, that is, where to look for the model and serial number on my Honda 100 (see above query "What is the year, model/serial # of my Honda 100"). <br /><br />I found the engine's model/serial # punched onto the powerhead. I found mine facing the front of the engine, just below the flywheel, on a flat part of the engine. I had the pull start mechanism removed, but I don't know if it is necessary to remove this to see the number.<br /><br />I'm not sure of the answers to your other questions. However, it appears that remote control levers can be accomodated by my engine due to the access holes to the right of the choke lever (access for throttle) and the one behind the shift lever (access for shifting). These holes are covered by rubber gromets on my engine. My engine does not have teeth on its flywheel, so I would not be able to use an electric start motor. This may be the case on your engine too. <br /><br />Edward.