Yamaha Out drive

FatBack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looked at buying a boat today with Yamaha IO. Anybody know a site where I can get info on them?

FatBack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Yamaha Out drive

I'm looking at this thing and the owner is telling me you can change the water pump without taking the the foot off. I can get this boat [23' offshore Regal] cheap. i need to find somebody with Yamaha OD knowledge. I'm going browsing now.

Trent

Captain

Guess why its cheap? Cause you cant get parts! It was a good package til Yamaha quit supporting it. Move on, Unless you want to repower the boat.

magster65

Commander

Trent's right, parts are no longer available. That's likely why the boat's for sale.

Capt Ken

Commander

What's wrong Trent, ya didn't want to tell him I was the resident Yamaha Sterndrive expert. Owner's correct Fatback, the water pump is belt driven on the front of the engine. Lower port side, Sherwood pump. Get parts for them anywhere. The pump that is and I'm getting a good collection of used parts now that Yamaha quit producing anymore. Shift cable, outdrive mount kits and such I carry in stock.If the boat has been a fresh water boat and corrosion isn't a factor, they are good units. I sold the last pair of risers last year.

FatBack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Capt. Ken, <br /><br />23' Regal offshore. 350 engine--looks kept up w/gal. trailer. What do you think its worth?

Capt Ken

Commander

Worth whatever you can steal it for. Start with NADA.com and work back from there. These units are like selling Edsels so don't think this boat is gonna disappear quickly. They are very good units and the outdrives are outstanding. But like Trent said, parts are getting like hen's teeth.