Yamaha Oil Problem. Super confused

tmcfarran

Recruit
Hey Guys,

I really hope that someone can help me out here. I have been beating my head into the ground on this one. Let me explain.

I have a 1998 Yamaha 200 Saltwater Series. Oil injected. I am not getting any oil from the remote tank to the main tank. I first noticed this when my low oil alarm went off and rpms dropped like it is supposed to do. I have tested the float switch in the main tank (motor tank) and it sounds the alarm and shuts off the alarm at the proper levels, but doesn't turn on the remote pump.

The emergency switch does not turn on the remote pump either. I have tested the switch and get the proper resistance. This is at the switch itself, and at the wire harness connected to the remote pump. I jumped the harness to make sure that the connection wasn't bad, and still no pumping.

I have hooked the pump straight to a battery and the pump works and fills the main tank (motor tank).

I don't know if there is something else that I am overlooking, and hoping that it is not the cdi unit. If it is the cdi unit, is there anyway of rebuilding the unit, or replacing just the oil control part of the unit? Or do I have no other choice but to replace the whole entire unit?

Any help is much appreciated!!

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: Yamaha Oil Problem. Super confused

do you have 12volts postitive on the brown wire at the pump with the key on? if not, start tracing. The emergency switch completes a ground circuit so the pump will run. Check that next.

YamahaOilXfertroubleshooting.jpg

tmcfarran

Recruit

Thanks seahorse. I will go through that and see what I come up with. That looks like a very helpful chart. I will definately let you know what I come up with.

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I am having the same exact issue on my 2004 HPDI's and am stumped on what it is.