Yamaha no go II

nevrdun

Cadet
Thank you JB.<br />The carbs have butterflies. I've since got a Seloc manual for the Yam 3 cyl, and will do a fuel pump and filter test. But what puzzles me after examining the fuel flow diagram, --- if there's gas in the float bowl, which is right up there with each individual carb venturi, why can't the shutters suck up enough fuel for start, when it's only 2 inches away?<br />Color me puzzled. <br />I have other boats and motors so I'm never stuck, but what the hay, I want everything to run on command.

petryshyn

Commander
Re: Yamaha no go II

Presuming you have 2 butterfly valves per carb....which suggests you have chokes.<br /><br />>Have you visually check to see that each choke valve is snapped tightly closed when the choke is actuated? (if one is close but not touching...problems)<br /><br />>Have the carbs been recently overhauled which may have led to a maladjusted low float level?<br /><br />>Are you priming the system with the primer bulb before attempting to start?<br /><br />>Have you attempted to optimize your idle adjustments? If they are lean, it will affect starting.<br /><br />>Have you checked compression?<br /><br />>Is your cranking speed adequate?<br /><br />*if its a Yamaha, can there be much wrong? :)