Yamaha multifunction Tacho on 60F 1987 (with Pics)

benjaminok

Cadet
Hello guys.
As in previous thread i am the owner of a 1987 60HP Yamaha 60F with powertrim & autolube. I only have the controls (703) but no tacho etc.
I am thinking of buying a newer Yamaha multifunction gauge. Will the newer once work? And which harness do i need? From the controls i have following cables:

Inside the engine i have following flat cable. What is this used for? Selco manual doesn?t tell me anything about the wirering for this engine.

Finally there are 2 cables coming from oiltank sensor (green/red stribe) but they seem to be not in use as they are not connected? Are they supposed to be connected?

Engine is looking like this.

And i like to hook up this tach.

Anyone can give me a clue which harness i would need and wheater the

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha multifunction Tacho on 60F 1987 (with Pics)

that setup isnt used for the US market.
however they do make a harness with the correct bullet connectors on the engine side and the correct connectors on the tach side, you will need the engine trim harness, and the harness from the 703 to the guage.
the engine bundle with pink,orange and black is trim, the green/red is for low oil tank level and the green is for normal tank level indicate.
clean looking engine for its age though :)
from the 703, green is tach send,yellow is key on 12V+, and black is ground.
pink will be for the alarm on the control. the wireing on that engine is a bit different than US market stuff.

benjaminok

Cadet

Thanks for the info rodbolt...
Went to dealer today, those two harness would here in "expensive" country Denmark set me back 300 bucks... in my oppinion way to much for an old engine like this and a few meters of cables and connectors. Also the engine harness would not come with bullet connectors but with the newer connectors.
Guess this calls for a "build it yourself" harness...

Petsson

Recruit

Is it possible to have a newer multifunction gauge to work with an older Yamaha (1988-1992)? I've heard that it wasnt possible? But this is indeed possible if i make the harness myself?! Thanks for a great forum with many interesting posts! =)

// Petsson

benjaminok

Cadet

Well have tried to hook up the tach to the control, but tacho shows a 0 in screen regardless wheter i use 6P or 12P. Might it be that the tach cant be used for my engine??