Yamaha I/O power trim motor

kranksr

Cadet
Does anyone know where I can get a Power trim motor for a yamaha I/O<br />Thanks

swat'in flys

Cadet
Re: Yamaha I/O power trim motor

Hello Capt Ken. I am having a problem with the the trim on the outdrive, this is a yamaha. When I raise it it will bleed back down. Any suggestions on where I may start looking to correct this problem. Some one said this is a self bleeding system. Your help is appreciated.

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: Yamaha I/O power trim motor

You have two check valves that screw out the sides of the pump. One in the left side and one in the right side. One of these is leaking and allowing the fluid to bypass. I can't remember which is up or which is down. Also you could be having a problem with the manual bypass on the front, flip the lever several times and see if it works OK after that. As for the check valves, I think I still have one or two laying around. They invented a special pressure tool for checking these valves and they did have a problem with them early on. Thank goodness I didn't buy the tool or it would be gathering dust like the rest of the special tools we had to buy.