Yamaha f80 to f115

Woodrow246

Seaman
Looking into purchasing a f115, currently have an f80 and wondering if it is a plug and play or not. 2002 model on the f80 and looking into a new 2009 or 2010 f115...thx in advance

Triton II

Commander
Re: Yamaha f80 to f115

Looking into purchasing a f115, currently have an f80 and wondering if it is a plug and play or not. 2002 model on the f80 and looking into a new 2009 or 2010 f115...thx in advance

I had a 2003 F60 which came with Yamaha's round digital instruments (below).

Boat3.jpg

My 2009 F115 came with 6Y8 square command link digital instruments. The main difference is the fuel instrument is far more comprehensive. So I think (Rodbolt will be able to confirm) that you'll only get partial plug and play if you retain the original instruments, however if you put in the 6Y8s it's plug and play - and they fit in the same size holes...

TII

Woodrow246

Seaman

Thanks Triton, Currently my lund utilizes the factory Lund Tach speedo and fuel gauge. It has an Overheat light/ as well as an oil light for pressure. So the only thing the motor sends to the Dash currently is rpms,and killswitch function. The speedo is on water pressure via the little hose from the lower end to the dash, the fuel is a sending unit direct to the dash, and the overheat/oil pressure lights are obviously tied in as well. The current plug from the dash to the engine is a factory round style 8 or so pin connector that goes directly in the the engine. My thoughts are that the 80 and 115 are similar as far as plug configuration and maybe more info could be relayed to the dash like votage, and an actual oil pressure gauge, engine temp etc...Looks like they retrofitted the factory lund dash package to the yamaha harness and only needed the oil pressure/ engine temp light and tach. i guess worse case i get a different style engine plug if needed and add oil pressure gauges and a engine temp gauge if so desired. these are the controls I have. key and kill switch are factory lund in the dash

Attachments

• sidemountbinn-250.jpg
    sidemountbinn-250.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 0

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

the factory lund stuff is a jury rig at best, sorry but it is what it is.
however all the functions that work with the F80 will plug and play on the F115.
all the engine connections are the same.
however, if your gonna spring for da new engine, spring for the command link two guage square package.
its actually simple to install and is entirely plug and play.

Woodrow246

Seaman

one more thing, if i get a new fuel injected model, will my side mount controls still work? there are two adjustable heim joint style adjustable cables that hook up to the throttle posistion sensor and gear selector...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

all the throttle and shift cables will directly fit from the F80 to the F115.
leave any heim joints alone thats not where the throttle link hooks to.
heim joints are actually capitive ball joints that the outer sleeve can gimbal around.
the shift and throttle simply use a hole in the cable end and a post on the attaching point.
post has a hole for a clevis pin to retain it.

Woodrow246

Seaman

Excellent! thx again sir Rodbolt. You and several others are a wealth of knowledge and have saved me alot of time fore sure...