Yamaha F115 TLRA Lowrance Connectivity

Hydro Head

Cadet
I just purchased two Lowrance 5 HDS Charplotter/Fishfinders. I was hoping I could connect my 2002 F115 TLRA to them for engine data. I see there are two cables available under the Lowrance Part Number 127-37. One looks like a simple adapter cable with Red Network Connector on one end and a black automotive connector on the other. The other cable is more like a wiring harness with Red Network and multiple white connectors.

I've read numerous and conflicting information. One idea suggests that the Lowrance is not really even using the NMEA 2000 but instead communicating with the Yamaha Engine Diagnostics. Also I have heard that you must have an engine built from 2004 for compatibility, and from 2006 for full compatibility.

I'm gathering up the parts now and will give a full report on my adventure at the end of March when I get to the boat again. I'll also include prop info.

Any insight would be helpful.

MNBlizzard

Cadet
Re: Yamaha F115 TLRA Lowrance Connectivity

I just purchased two Lowrance 5 HDS Charplotter/Fishfinders. I was hoping I could connect my 2002 F115 TLRA to them for engine data. I see there are two cables available under the Lowrance Part Number 127-37. One looks like a simple adapter cable with Red Network Connector on one end and a black automotive connector on the other. The other cable is more like a wiring harness with Red Network and multiple white connectors.

I've read numerous and conflicting information. One idea suggests that the Lowrance is not really even using the NMEA 2000 but instead communicating with the Yamaha Engine Diagnostics. Also I have heard that you must have an engine built from 2004 for compatibility, and from 2006 for full compatibility.

I'm gathering up the parts now and will give a full report on my adventure at the end of March when I get to the boat again. I'll also include prop info.

Any insight would be helpful.

I looked into this last year and found that if you have the NMEA 2000 cable in the motor then you are good to go. I have a different motor but do remember most model years had to be 2006 or newer. I do believe that Lowrance has a pretty good list of compatibility.