Yamaha Digital Gauges

prolineguy

Cadet
Heres one for you "electronic" gurus.<br />Have a 1991 ProV200 on a Proline with Yamaha Digital gauges.<br />Would like to change them all out to Analog gauges. The digital LCD gauges are all faded out and hard to read. The prices for new digital gauges are ridiculous .I do have a heavy electronics background and believe with some effort I can install the analog gauges-it may require some extra circuitry to convert the signals-the question is: Has anyone performed this conversion successfully? So I don't have to re-invent the wheel? If not, I will attempt it myself and will be happy to share this info once I have sucessfully installed them. Any positive inputs from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha Digital Gauges

well its fairly easy, set your tach to a 12 pole or 6 pulse position, the visual indicators will either need to be small bulbs or LED's. when the alarm is set the wire is grounded in the oil control unit. I think the green red is low engine oil and the blk/red is low reserve oil and gray is overheat. the green reserve oil ok indicate is normally grounded to light the green light in the tach. the pink wire in the TRIM harness is for trim signal. dont confuse it with the pink wire from the main harness that is the ground path for the alarm audible signal.<br /> have you looked into the yamaha analog guages?<br /> double check the harness colors as memory is fuzzy.<br />if you wish to keep the trim indicator it will require the yamaha guage. I have never seen an aftermarket trim guage for the 3 wire senders and if the sender is not in place the oil control system wont work correctly. you dont have to have the guage just make sure the trim send wiring is insulated if removed and the sender is working.<br /> best bet is to find a good used digital tachk and keep it covered when not in use. the sun is a killer on them.