Yamaha 90hp light temperature in tach

Jonatan

Recruit
Hello, can you tell me how to reset the temperature light, thank you.
Temperature light only flashes, water flow is good, temperature alarm does not sound

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Did this just start happening to you? Have you had the motor and the tachometer for a while and did it used to be OK before?

There is no reset for the over temperature icon. The wire for the over temperature icon is being grounded for some reason.

Jonatan

Recruit
The light
Did this just start happening to you? Have you had the motor and the tachometer for a while and did it used to be OK before?

There is no reset for the over temperature icon. The wire for the over temperature icon is being grounded for some reason.
I bought the boat recently and I do not know until I use it, I did not have the fault registered, the water recirculation is good and the sound alarm did not go off ,
the 2-stroke engine is 90hp

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Is it a fresh or salt water use, how old is it, does the slow rpm mode triggers when at say half to full wot rpm range, what about the sound alarm is it audible or not ?

Happy Boating

Jonatan

Recruit
Hello, I use it in fresh water, the audible alarm is not heard, only the light blinks, they tell me in other forums that it may be the rotor of the water pump that does not pull enough pressure, I am going to have the engine checked by the official yamaha agent

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Hello, I use it in fresh water, the audible alarm is not heard, only the light blinks, they tell me in other forums that it may be the rotor of the water pump that does not pull enough pressure, I am going to have the engine checked by the official yamaha agent
One can read almost anything at all on the innerweb.

Have you checked the alarm? It is completely separate from the tachometer indication. Some motors don't even have a tachometer and the alarm works just fine.

Do you not care how the system works?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If the impeller it's not doing its homework right the motor will begin to overheat. The motor could also have a faulty thermostat, temp sensor not working right and accounting for experiencing temp related issues...

Happy Boating