Yamaha 5.7 stern drive bellows change

Hey guys, I’ve contacted Ken, who is not into Yamaha anymore, and have emailed Crowley marine for parts but they have not got back to me as of yet about associated parts, materials, gaskets etc to do the job.

can someone point me in the right direction as to what parts would be advisable to swap and change on this job? Shift cable seems to operate smoothly and function fine.

Boat sat for 6 years before I got it. Leg oil looks brand new, and as for the motor I’ve taken precautions there like circulating oil with an oil pump tool, impeller change, fuel, oil filters and an oil change. Ran up to temp and shut off a few times at idle on the muffs etc...

So.... besides All the bellows, and the out drive gasket, what else do I need/should I get for this repair job? And where would you advise to get the parts from? I live in Canada.

thanks!!!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Your best bet would be to swap in a Mercruiser or Volvo for the obsolete Yamaha stuff. What you have is orphaned with very little parts support

Daves70

Recruit
If you can get the part number off the net then you can still order parts. There is a site that comes up in a search. I've ordered parts through Hully Gully in London Ontario. They won't find the parts but if you have a part number then they can order them. Many parts are the same as mercruiser. I still run my Yamaha sterndrive. It hasn't gotten to a point yet that I have not been able to make it work.