yamaha 250txrz / 106601

wanted used ecm panel for this motor, or mabey its called the cdi unit, its the main panel at the rear of this motor, where all the wires feed ,i have a problem with my remote oil tank feed, rodbolt told me to check different items in an earlier post , done that but it seems where these wires enter the panel there is some burning and melting issues, probaly from an earlier mechanic trying to test system. thank you.

Last edited:

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: yamaha 250txrz / 106601

its very very rare to see an ECU failure on that motor. the oil control module is built into the ECU on the 250 you have.
its also very pricey.
will oil transfer manually?
the manual overide will bypass the ECU.
all the oil control module does is control the ground path for oil pump on and removes it for oil pump off as commnded by the engine oil tank switches.
make sure the remote tank ground path to the ECU is good because if the ECU sees an open circuit it will inhibit transfer because it thinks the remote is low.
carefully test everything cause when you buy the ECU its yours whether it fixs your issue or not.

Re: yamaha 250txrz / 106601 rodbolt please

Re: yamaha 250txrz / 106601 rodbolt please

Rodbolt, Thanks Again For Reply, No The Manuel Switch Will Not Transfer Oil, I Am Starting To Check System Again. However 2 Thirds Down The Ecu Right In The Center It Looks Like It Melted.the Motor Runs Good. Let Me Tell You The Whole Story, With A Few Questions. I Am In The Construction Business, Recieved Boat And Motor In Lieu Of Bad Debt 3 Years Ago Did Not Use The Boat That Much, Service History Unknown, But Motor Is In V Good Condition Cosmeticaly, Hours Un Known. Heres , Where I Am At. Done The Impeller,strong Pee. Changed Low Pressur Fuel Pumps. Replaced Vst Tank Filter, Fuel Filter On Motor 15 Micron Filter On Boat, New Plugs, Checked Compression All Within A Few Pounds Of 113, Cleaned O2 Sensor, Was Bad With Carbon Build Up . Removed Today 6 Injectors Where Do I Send Them? I Noticed Towards End Of Season Last Year More Smoke Than Normal When Starting Then It Would Clear. Whats Left To Do , I Also Think I Am Going To Need The Ecu If You Know A Salvage Place Let Me Know, Again Sorry For Long Post And Multiple Questions Thank You

Last edited:

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I use flagship marine in Florida for injector service. look in your local yellow pages for an injector service facility near you.

I would bet 6 drafts at the blue crab your not fighting an ECU issue,yet.
the manual overide switch bypasses the ecu and the ECU does NOT supply power to the transfer pump at key on, thats done by the brown wire at the pump.
said brown wire has bullet connectors at the pump,its also spliced just behind the engine 10 pin connector to the yellow key on power wire.

look at some of my recent posts on 250 motors.
all the V76 3.1L motors use the same setup for oil transfer control.
in fact all V6 motors since about 96 use the same setup just some used larger tanks.
but like I say, with the key on power for the pump is supplied by the brown wire, the blue wire is simply the ground path and the manul overide switch simply applies the ground when activated.
just like water in a pipe.
on to the O2 sensor, now that its cleaned it MUST be tested with a digital multimeter and the test harness and the 3 applicable tech bullitens.
if not you may be flirting with a sudden piston failure.

Thanks Rodbolt Will Check Wireing This Week, Is The O2 Sensor Test Difficult